You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strokes retain their width in Publisher when converted to path text

• Staff

Thank you very much for the video, whilst these are incredibly useful it is also useful for us to put a description of the problem you are seeing with steps to reproduce it. Please feel free to write it in your native language and we can use Google Translate to try to get a better understanding of the problem.

I've watched your video and I can't tell from it what the bug you're seeing is? All apps are using different files so the side by side comparison between all your apps doesn't make much sense to me.

I've opened your file in 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 here and it looks the same side by side.
image.png

Hi @_考槃,

如果您删除 Publisher 中文本框架面板中的笔画,您应该可以开始...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2463)

MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Magic Mouse

没问题,这经常让人们绊倒...... 🙃

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2463)

• Staff

Thank you for your report - this is something we do have logged, and as Hangman says the stroke can be removed using the Text Frame Panel  which is not present in Designer or Photo.

感谢您的报告 - 这是我们确实记录的内容,正如 Hangman 所说,可以使用设计器或照片中不存在的文本框架面板删除笔划。

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

this is something we do have logged,

I'm curious what you have logged about that. So far, we (users) have believed that it is intentional that the path remains in Publisher, but is hidden in Designer and Photo. Is the thought that it should be hidden in all three, and the user would have to expose it again in Publisher if they really want it? Or something else (such as adding the Text Frame panel to Designer/Photo?)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

My reading of the OP's issue was simply that the line used for the path on the path text couldn't be hidden in Publisher since it's not hidden via the stroke panel but rather via the text frame panel which isn't available in either Designer or Photo...

I didn't interpret this as having anything to do with converting a curve into a text path because in that instance you can simply hide the respective layer in the layers panel...

Equally though, I may have misunderstood the issue here...

• Staff
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm curious what you have logged about that. So far, we (users) have believed that it is intentional that the path remains in Publisher, but is hidden in Designer and Photo. Is the thought that it should be hidden in all three, and the user would have to expose it again in Publisher if they really want it? Or something else (such as adding the Text Frame panel to Designer/Photo?)

It is logged that the behaviour is different, but I am checking with dev to verify if this behaviour is intentional.