You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping

chirpy

On iPad in Affinity Designer 2, even when I have the main Snapping button toggled off, if the Force Pixel Alignment toggle is on it will snap to pixels when trying to move objects on the canvas. I have to go into the Snapping Options and manually uncheck the Force Pixel Alignment toggle and only then will it stop snapping to pixels. I would think that toggling Snapping on or off should disable ALL of the options under Snapping?

Not a "bug", this has always been "by design". In the desktop version it's the same, with "Force Pixel Alignment" even being a separate toolbar button.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

On 12/3/2023 at 1:42 PM, loukash said:

Not a "bug", this has always been "by design". In the desktop version it's the same, with "Force Pixel Alignment" even being a separate toolbar button.

Then it should not be under the overall Snapping button on iPad either and should be a separate option. That is confusing when options under a main option do not turn off when a main option that controls it is turned off.

Just now, chirpy said:

Then it should not be under the overall Snapping button on iPad either and should be a separate option. That is confusing

Fair enough.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

Thanks for your report @chirpy!

As above the current behaviour of the app is correct, however I certainly understand that the UI could be clearer here - so I'll be sure to pass this feedback through to our development team :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!