You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP: two open images change position and zoom

Summarizing this bizarre behavior in words is a bit difficult, so here are just the steps to reproduce:

1. Open a image in Photo Persona.
  2. Open another image in Develop Persona.
  3. Switch between the two images back and forth repeatedly, either by clicking the tabs or using CTRL+Tab.

Current behavior: the first image keeps moving to the left and zooming out. The second image keeps moving to the right until eventually stopping.
Expected behavior: both images should retain their zoom level and position.

My motivation behind the bug report: I'm toggling back and forth between an already developed image and a new one in order to compare their color and composition.

By the way, this behavior doesn't happen when both images are open in Photo Persona, or both in Develop Persona. You need to open each one in a different persona. Interesting, no?

Stats:
Operating system: Windows 11 Home, version 23H2, build 22631.2506.
Affinity Photo 2.2.1.

I seem to recall something similar being reported previously.

Hopefully the support staff will be able to find that to see what the current status is

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

9 hours ago, Shahar Klinger said:

Summarizing this bizarre behavior in words is a bit difficult, so here are just the steps to reproduce:

1. Open a image in Photo Persona.
  2. Open another image in Develop Persona.
  3. Switch between the two images back and forth repeatedly, either by clicking the tabs or using CTRL+Tab.

Current behavior: the first image keeps moving to the left and zooming out. The second image keeps moving to the right until eventually stopping.
Expected behavior: both images should retain their zoom level and position.

My motivation behind the bug report: I'm toggling back and forth between an already developed image and a new one in order to compare their color and composition.

By the way, this behavior doesn't happen when both images are open in Photo Persona, or both in Develop Persona. You need to open each one in a different persona. Interesting, no?

This is known bug.

I've been reporting this issues since version 2.
Just open an image in Photo Persona to see the page move to the right or zoom out and back in.
This bug has not been fixed yet.