You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a 'Lock children' keyboard shortcut in the Publisher?

Hi, I've got this: when working with picture frame I sometimes need to lock children and work only with the frame shape and sometimes I need to edit both the frame and the picture at the same time. I know, there is a tick button in the context panel that can be turned on and off. Is there a way how to add a keyboard shortcut to it? I can't find it anywhere.

Or... Is there a way how to temporarily disable the Lock children functionality?

Than you!

32 minutes ago, Stepaan said:

Is there a way how to add a keyboard shortcut to it?

I once made a Keyboard Maestro (Mac only) macro which will click the Lock Children check box on and off. It still works for Affinity v2, as long as the check box is visible in the context toolbar and not hidden in its submenu on the right.
KM then executes this relatively simple AppleScript:

tell application "System Events"
	-- where are we?
	set applicationName to name of first application process whose frontmost is true
	if applicationName contains "Affinity" then
		-- else the script will simply silently quit:
		try
			tell process applicationName
				tell window 1
					set myCheckbox to first checkbox whose title is "Lock Children"
					click myCheckbox
				end tell
			end tell
		end try
	end if
end tell

In KM, assign a keyboard shortcut to it that doesn't conflict with any existing Affinity shortcut, and that's all.

Keyboard Maestro is not a requirement, of course. The script can be also executed by a Shortcuts or an Automator service/quick action which can also have keyboard shortcuts assigned.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

You might want to add your vote to this old feature request (or create a new one for V2) for a more convenient interface regarding "Lock Children". A keyboard shortcut is just one possible improvement (and requires a menu entry, instead of being in the Context Toolbar), a button in the Layers panel could be another …

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1