You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mirror effect and how to recreate

Hello everyone I had a question and wanted to know if anyone has a solution to this possibly. I’ve seen a lot graphic designs using effects such as this and wanted to know if anyone has any idea how to recreate it in affinity, mainly the mirroring of the image is what I’m looking to recreate. Any help would be super appreciated.

IMG_1262.png

Hi and welcome to the forum.

this is easy, but depends on the background of the car.

1. simply create a new document.
  2. then place the image of the car into it
  3. duplicate the car image
  4. use move tool, and rotate by 180 degree
  5. move into position above the unrotated image
  6. depending on the kind of sky or background, use inpainting or other tools to create a smooth transition 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @Khyber :)

Using the above steps outlined by NotMyFault, I've created an example document using a Stock image. This document has 'History' saved, allowing you to Undo through the steps I've made in the file to better understand how to create this file yourself.

SRT Car.afphoto

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

this is easy, but depends on the background of the car.

1. simply create a new document.
  2. then place the image of the car into it
  3. duplicate the car image
  4. use move tool, and rotate by 180 degree
  5. move into position above the unrotated image
  6. depending on the kind of sky or background, use inpainting or other tools to create a smooth transition 

Hey thank you so much for the reply I was able to successfully recreate it and expand on it, the eraser tool worked a little bit better than the inbrush tool but none the less worked flawlessly. Here’s the finished product that I was able to complete thanks to your help. Thank you again for the reply really helped me big time

IMG_0115.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @Khyber :)

Using the above steps outlined by NotMyFault, I've created an example document using a Stock image. This document has 'History' saved, allowing you to Undo through the steps I've made in the file to better understand how to create this file yourself.

SRT Car.afphoto

I hope this helps!

@Dan C thank you for presenting the file for me to see the history I really appreciate it. For whatever reason masking never crossed my mind mainly because of the base image has a lot more going on so the mask keep adding addition images. Thank you so much for the file I’ll have to keep this around to learn from it so i can keep making more

Another way, using the new (in V2) Move / Duplicate function 

movedup2.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.