You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UPDATE Affinity Photo 2 (version 2.2.1

Hello,

I am a long time user of Affinity Photo and this is the first time I have used the Affinity site. I really enjoy this program and I have been using it now for approximately five years.

I am using a Mac Studio 2022 chip Apple M1Ultra ( macOs - Sonoma 14.0 )

When I opened my Affinity Photo 2 Version 2.2 on Monday October 23, 2023 there was a notice for a new update (2.2.1)

I updated my Affinity Photo Version 2.2 to Affinity Photo 2 Version 2.2.1.

After updating, I opened the program and it was not working properly at all.

Then I received an email from Google saying that a virus had been detected.  (My notices from Google always come in English but this notice was in French (the only notification I have ever received in French.)

When I open Affinity Photo now it says

Affinity Photo 2

EULA

Third party License.

The Versions listed on the Affinity page for Mac are 2.0.0, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.1.0, 2.1.1 and finally the last Version in 2.2.0 - the version I was running before the update.

Further more, when researching the few sites that I found that mentioned the Affinity 2.2.1, these sites had a disturbing  AI feeling to them.

My question is:

Is version 2.2.1 a scam?

If so,  what do I do now?

2 hours ago, Bruce Adams said:

Is version 2.2.1 a scam?

Hi Bruce and welcome to the forums. Version 2.2.1 is the latest version of Affinity Photo and is not a scam. Please see the announcement from Serif below.

That email from "Google" about you having a virus might be a scam so don't click any links in it. If you search the web you'll find news reports from this year about a scam like that.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.3.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @Bruce Adams :)

13 hours ago, Bruce Adams said:

The Versions listed on the Affinity page for Mac are 2.0.0, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.1.0, 2.1.1 and finally the last Version in 2.2.0 - the version I was running before the update.

As above, 2.2.1 is the latest official release from the Affinity team - can you please confirm for me which exact 'Affinity page' you are referring to that only shows 2.2.0? As I'd like to have our web-team update this where possible.

Many thanks in advance!

Thank you Mike and Dan for responding to my post, welcoming me and thank you for the advice. I am relieved to learn that this is not a scam as the notice from Google suggested.  Dan, I  found this information on the "Latest V2 releases on each platform by store November 8, 2022."  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/170203-latest-affinity-v2-releases-on-each-platform-by-store/ by Patric Conner.  Had I scrolled down further I would have found version 2.2.1.  However, I am still somewhat ill at ease because the download was followed by a notice from Google in my email saying "Virus Suspect Detecte".  (the Google email was probably a scam as Mike suggested but this is the first time I received an email like this from Google. Thank you both for taking the time to answer.  I very much appreciate your advice.  Now that I know that version 2.2.1 is not a scam, I need more time to explore the new version.