You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[KNOWN ISSUE] Affinity app window does not correctly resize when connected/disconnected from an external monitor on macOS

• Staff

Following the release of Affinity 2.2, our team have discovered an issue on macOS where when connecting or disconnecting an external monitor, the Affinity app window does not resize as expected.

This causes either the top 'toolbar' of the Affinity app to be hidden from view (ie the app does not fully fit on the screen), or not showing the applications UI at all, only displaying the 'New Document' dialog.

image.png

Our team are aware of this issue and we're working to resolve it as soon as possible. Unfortunately there's no way to stop this issue from triggering when connecting/disconnecting an external monitor, however simply navigating to Window > Zoom from the top menu should return the missing UI elements.

If you're still having trouble returning the Affinity app to default view, you can reset the app using the method described below -

If you aren't using an external monitor, please create a new thread describing the issue and your setup and our team will be happy to assist further.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Our team believe this to be improved within the V2.4 update for Affinity - though we're aware it is not yet completely resolved.

The above Window > Zoom workaround can still be used in the meantime, but we ask that if you are still experiencing this issue within V2.4 to please create a new thread with as much information regarding your setup as possible, so our team can track this issue more closely with our developers.

Many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here whilst we work to resolve this issue!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.