You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Warp group problems

PierMax

I can see the problem where the right-hand arrow is pointing to but I can’t see the problem that the other two arrows are pointing to (I can also see a problem at the top-left where the cog tooth doesn’t quite reach the circle). More detail in the problem description may be needed.

I have not been able to replicate the problem that I can see in your screen-grab with my own version of the design,

Can you upload your document so we can try and see if we can reproduce the problems ourselves? (Otherwise we are just trying random stuff in the hope that we can get the same thing happening.)

Thanks for sharing the document.

I can’t see a Warp Group layer in there (but I might have missed it).

I stripped out all of the extraneous layers and tried adding a Perspective Warp Group to the ‘flat cog design’ and it seems to be working okay for me.

To check to see what’s happening with the Warp Group functionality we need to see the document with the Warp Group layer in it.

I did notice that your ‘red perspective rectangle’ doesn’t match the equivalent ‘black perspective rectangle’ because the sides of the ‘black perspective rectangle’ are curved – see green markers in attached screen-grab – but I don’t know how it got like that as I don’t have the Warp Group to look at and I don’t know what’s happened to it since then.

image.png.0bf4f3daf24b3a5a5820abf7085142d3.png

That’s what I guessed could have happened.

Unfortunately, without being able to see the result of the Warp Group directly, I can’t judge what could have gone wrong.

For example, the warping might have worked exactly as it should have but the subsequent baking could have introduced the problem you’re seeing.

We’re seeing the result of two (or maybe more) actions and trying to figure out which individual action caused the eventual result without being able to see the intermediate results – like doing some calculations and just looking at the final answer; it’s difficult (if not impossible) to know what the original numbers were, what the operations were, or in which order the calculations were done.

If you can reproduce the problem before you bake the results then we can see what’s happening.