You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 2.2 square bracket error not yet fixed

krbo

A bug named AFP-5878 mentioned many times and introduced in v2 is still not fixed, no one outside UK/US keyboard users can use square brackets for brush size control.

And there's a novelty in 2.2 - even not fixing this, Serif added more shortcuts with square brackets.

trivia: out of 28 EU union countries I think only Ireland is using UK/US keyboard

and no, there is no option to replace zillion brushes with 4 shortcuts each to something else in every Serif software (it's not working in Designer and Publisher also)

I'm speechless!

Why don't you just remap it like I've been doing using a French Canadian Kbd.

Settings-Shortcuts-Paint Brush Tool: I just set it to the brackets I see on my keyboard, it inserts other characters but it works.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

8 hours ago, AlainP said:

Why don't you just remap it like I've been doing using a French Canadian Kbd.

Settings-Shortcuts-Paint Brush Tool: I just set it to the brackets I see on my keyboard, it inserts other characters but it works.

Some of them I do, but just try to count all types of brushes and multiply it by 4 shortcuts for each one!

If the brushes were grouped so you can fix them all at once it will be almost painless
And then go to Designer and finish with Publisher - square brackets are all over!

and 2.2 update were nasty one - it deletes all my remapped shortcuts and left blank entry fields instead

All you have to do is put a check mark in "Apply to All" and it will set up automatically the same shortcut for all tools like Paint Brush, Eraser, Clone Tool, Inpainting Brush, etc. It takes less that 10 seconds and it's done. Much less time than to write on this forum.

Now if you don't want to setup any shortcut.. it's up to you.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I must confess, being dozen of times in shortcuts settings of v2 , I never, ever  saw "Apply to All" checkmark there before you mentioned it!

Some brushes don't react well (no live size change until AltGr is released off) but it is a great help!