You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity vs Adobe vs Blender models of thinking

Hi team,

Id like to share my thoughts about usability and vision of this software.

I am really big fan of Affinity, not because your product is something special or brings new ideas, but because it offer option to the Adobe monster corporate world, where we are all prisoners of that monster which doesn't care about old users.  

I decide to write this thought because i don't understand why to follow this old-school software structures like : you need to have one software for each technique you want do. I think you are missing opportunity to bring new strong multipurpose software. Instead you of copying same old capitalist model of thinking buy more specific programs.

How do i know that it would work? Look at the Blender they brought new paradigm what usability of software should looks like, they pass fire land, hate of old users and now they bright as no other software does. They are building society of people who are creative, they are giving opportunity for Absolut freedom for anybody. I am not talking about that Blender is free or they have strong financial supporters. They think about creators and how it should look when you want to create!  

This post was triggered by not to be able create motion blur in Affinity designer which is mind blowing. Do you really want me to jump from one software to an other because of blur??? guys pleas recalculate your direction. 

Love ya

Blender is supported by big companies due to low barrier of getting it + Adobe users use it in conjunction with Adobe products.

Same for other big supporters.

Logic dictates, you support what helps/ strengthens your Position.

The risk of Embrace, Extend and Extinguish from malicious sides always lingers around but the Foundation so far managed it well.

14 hours ago, barbarerik said:

you need to have one software for each technique you want do. I think you are missing opportunity to bring new strong multipurpose software. Instead you of copying same old capitalist model of thinking buy more specific programs.

This post was triggered by not to be able create motion blur in Affinity designer which is mind blowing. Do you really want me to jump from one software to an other because of blur??? guys pleas recalculate your direction. 

Have you looked into Studio Link?

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/press/newsroom/serif-launches-affinity-publisher-with-stunning-new-studiolink-technology/

https://www.provideocoalition.com/studiolink-the-magic-technology-that-unites-all-affinity-suite-apps/

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | artstation store

Windows 11 Pro - 23H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |