You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to pdf - it does not work

LambdaRed

Hi @LambdaRed and welcome to the forums,

By any chance does your document happen to use the Euroscale Coated v2 ICC profile?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Hi @Hangman, thank you for your fast answer. Yup, I use exactly that profile (I have read that better use that profile in Europe). I use preset: PDF (for print) and it worked like a charm in previous version of Publisher (before last update). Now I need to turn off option Embed ICC profiles to export to pdf.

Thanks, Kuba

Hi Kuba,

Thanks for confirming...

This is unfortunately a known bug in the release version of Publisher 2.2 which appears specific to the Euroscale Coated v2 ICC profile, logged as AF-370 and currently being investigated by @Dan C.

It's interesting that you're experiencing the issue on Windows as I believe all other reports to date have been on macOS Ventura (though I could be wrong here)...

Could you let us know:

• Which version of Windows you are running?
  • What language is the Affinity app set to under Affinity Publisher 2 > Settings > General?
  • What language is your PC set to, through Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region?

I'm going to link this thread to the main thread so @Dan C can reference your post as part of the testing process.

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

• Staff

Welcome to the Forums @LambdaRed & thanks for your report!

As mentioned above, this is an issue our team have identified and are currently working to resolve - this is the first report I've seen from a Windows user, however we believe the cause of this issue may be due to an update to the PDF Library Affinity uses when exporting files, which would mean the issue can be experienced by Affinity users on any platform.

I'll be sure to update the development log with the details provided above now, and our team hope to have this issue fixed ASAP.

I hope this helps :) 

Hi @LambdaRed,

Perfect, thanks for confirming the details...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Adriaan from The Netherlands and I have the same issue/problem.

My PC data:
Editie    Windows 11 Home Versie    22H2    Build    22621.2361
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0
Affinity: English (United States)
PC: Nederlands(Nederland) 

Hi @AdriaanV and welcome to the forums,

Are you likewise using the Euroscale Coated v2 ICC profile?

Hi @AdriaanV,

Thanks for confirming... As @Dan C mentions above this is unfortunately a known issue detailed here...

14 hours ago, Hangman said:

Hi @AdriaanV,

Thanks for confirming... As @Dan C mentions above this is unfortunately a known issue detailed here...

Hi @Hangman I have a question. Rolling back is not an option cause Publisher has no back compatibility, then I have to change colour profile. Which one will be the best to change from Euroscale?

Thanks, Kuba

Hi @LambdaRed,

A new Beta Patch was released on Friday V2.2.1.2025 which suggests it fixes this particular issue...

If you're signed up for the Beta program you could perhaps download and try that version first. The Beta version can be installed alongside the Retail version.

If you're not already signed up for the Beta program you can do so here...

Let us know if that is an option and if so how you get on...

In terms of the closest alternative profile my assumption would be Coated Forgra 39 ISO 12647-2:2004.

• Staff

The issue "PDF export fails when document is set to Euroscale Coated V2" (REF: AF-370) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.2052".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.