You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2.2.0, selection problem not fixed (split)

The problem I reported at the beginning of the beta cycle (4.07) has not been resolved either. It concerns Mac and the selection of objects after using the scrollbar.

I think it's important because it's working with text.  Why it's not important to you remains a question.

And in the end, beta problems become releases, and the same bugs in releases become betas again. It's a vicious circle.
Soon, a new beta cycle will start, and everything will start all over again, and the beta 2.2 bugs can't be fixed anymore, because there will be beta 2.3 and you're going to have completely different priorities.

• Staff
2 hours ago, anto said:

No comment, as I expected. This issue....

No comment anto, because you have hijacked another person's thread on a different topic. Your issue is not their issue and I explicitly told the team not to respond to your first post trying to derail the thread. Please stick to the relevant threads

2 hours ago, anto said:

So when will it be fixed?

If you have not been told that an issue is fixed please don't go around other people's threads interrupting with "whataboutery" jumping up and down about demanding timelines. I told this user about a timeline only because their issue has already been addressed for a future build, but we don't comment on issues that have not been addressed.

I have split your posts from the unrelated thread 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

55 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

because you have hijacked another person's thread

I did not hijacked anything. I responded to your remark that the topic was submitted late. Mine was not submitted late. So that's not the reason at all.

57 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Your issue is not their issue and I explicitly told the team not to respond to your first post trying to derail the thread.

Please fix the forum first, because the search doesn't work. We need to search through Google.

58 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

don't go around other people's threads

I don't go around other people's threads. I read the posts and analyze what is written there and compare the facts.

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

jumping up and down about demanding timelines

I have never demanded a timelines. I wrote this for the first time when I was evaluating how the priorities were misplaced.
And the way you wasted time building features, none of which made it into the release, and one of which broke another feature. Instead, you could have fixed a lot of bugs by thinking about the consequences first. It looks like you have only two developers who don't communicate with each other. One builds, and the other rebuilds and destroys what he has built.

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I have split your posts from the unrelated thread 

Thank you, but that was not necessary.