You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forgive me, but how does one delete a mask from a Live Procedural Texture layer?

I cannot figure this out? When I right click or CMD click on the mask on the Procedural Texture layer, I can only delete the entire filter/layer or refine the mask. How to do I delete the mask? I tried dragged it off and away from the filter layer.

image.png.91bde70827a4ee03363b0c0f40e1e5e7.png

The methods mentioned above work in general .

They can fail in certain situations:

• when the inherent mask layer has been altered using the move tool / transform panel, in dpi, rotation, or shear
  • when the filter layer has been copied to other documents having different size / dpi

note that the actual behavior is platform specific. I tried to file a bug report some time ago but got distracted.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Thanks for all your suggestions 👌

I ended up with a different approach. Slightly weird.

1. Click on the Live Procedural Texture layer with the mask.

2. Click on the popup window, make it active, or resize it, doesn't matter.

3. From the Layers panel go Live Filters > Procedural Texture

4. And the now Procedural Texture layer now have the same settings as the original with the mask, just without the mask.

5. Delete the original.

:D