You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document message

I'm not sure what happened, but there is a message saying I should report this to the development team.  So here it is.

I had a couple circles, saved them as a starting point for my drawing.  I then grabbed an svg file of a spiral created using Inkscape.  This file was dragged and dropped into the existing drawing.  I grouped them, then hit save and received a failed to save message.  I have used spirals created in Inkscape a couple times in the past without a problem.

AD Beta 2.2.0, 2018 Mac running Ventura.

Inkscape file:  Spiral 14.svg

Screenshot2023-08-17at3_44_56PM.thumb.png.79869ad96c439eb0bb6f68b7e80a8cb7.png

Screenshot2023-08-17at3_57_31PM.png.551847c72852d37a341766e084a64540.png

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hi @Gear maker,

The file is working fine here... if you repeat the exercise in a new document do you see the same issue... where are you saving the file, to your local HD or an external HD?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

5 hours ago, Hangman said:

Hi @Gear maker,

The file is working fine here... if you repeat the exercise in a new document do you see the same issue... where are you saving the file, to your local HD or an external HD?

I keep all data on an external HD.  I didn't try it a second time.  I restarted it again, but used a different spiral file.  The only reason I turned this in is that is what the message in AD asked me to do.  Personally I was curious, but not too worried about the problem.  But thanks for checking it out Hangman.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra