You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font color isn't coming through when exporting

14 hours ago, thomaso said:

Why should the fill colour definition be required for a stroke search in F&R?

It isn't. I didn't say it is.

I did say that a search for CMYK rich black will not find RGB black.

Walt's earlier search was looking for CMYK rich black fill (plus other parameters), so I was explaining why that failed to find any text.

1 hour ago, lepr said:

I saw the same as thomaso that Find fails for stroke width 0.24 pt. I think the stroke in the document is not precisely 0.24 pt because if you change the stroke of some text by entering the value 0.24 pt for width, then that text will be found when searching for stroke width 0.24 pt.

I wondered about that, too, so I changed my Settings to display 6 decimal places for pt measurements, but it still showed exactly .24 pt. Unless there is another problem, and pt measurements never display more than 2 decimal places?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

36 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I wondered about that, too, so I changed my Settings to display 6 decimal places for pt measurements, but it still showed exactly .24 pt. Unless there is another problem, and pt measurements never display more than 2 decimal places?

Pt measurements can be displayed with up to 6 decimal places, but an actual value of, for example, 0.2400004 or 0.2399995 would be displayed as 0.24.

2 hours ago, lepr said:

I saw the same as thomaso that Find fails for stroke width 0.24 pt. I think the stroke in the document is not precisely 0.24 pt because if you change the stroke of some text by entering the value 0.24 pt for width, then that text will be found when searching for stroke width 0.24 pt.

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The issue appears to be caused by the other stroke properties set in the Stroke Panel options. If they differ between text and F&R (e.g. "Scale with Object") then F&R fails to find. While I can understand this for properties that directly modify the stroke (its look) it appears rather confusing for this specific checkbox because the stroke of an existing object does not change if gets de-/or activated, regardless whether the object got scaled or not.

This example also illustrates the confusion that can occur by the Find Results not being emptied but maintained in the F&R panel until a next search, even if the found text does not exist any more in the document or the panel gets closed and re-opend.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

8 hours ago, thomaso said:

The issue appears to be caused by the other stroke properties set in the Stroke Panel options. If they differ between text and F&R (e.g. "Scale with Object") then F&R fails to find.

All of the Stroke panel properties, including width, are being considered when the search involves any Stroke panel property.

8 hours ago, thomaso said:

While I can understand this for properties that directly modify the stroke (its look) it appears rather confusing for this specific checkbox because the stroke of an existing object does not change if gets de-/or activated, regardless whether the object got scaled or not.

The 'Scale with object' value of true or false will be considered by the search.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:40 AM, lepr said:

Pt measurements can be displayed with up to 6 decimal places, but an actual value of, for example, 0.2400004 or 0.2399995 would be displayed as 0.24.

I'm sorry, because this outline was accidental, I have no idea what the original value was set to. 

15 minutes ago, vlimm said:

I'm sorry, because this outline was accidental, I have no idea what the original value was set to. 

That's OK. It's not important now. I was only giving Walt an example of how 6 decimal places of display precision doesn't guarantee an actual value, instead of rounded value, is being displayed.

I'm sure you now realise that specifying nothing more than the stroke colour (CMYK white) in the Find conditions is the most effective way to locate all of the white-stroked text.

1 hour ago, lepr said:

That's OK. It's not important now. I was only giving Walt an example of how 6 decimal places of display precision doesn't guarantee an actual value, instead of rounded value, is being displayed.

I'm sure you now realise that specifying nothing more than the stroke colour (CMYK white) in the Find conditions is the most effective way to locate all of the white-stroked text.

Yes, thank you @lepr!