You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question on how to export to document size

Hi, can anyone help. I have a document set to 5000 x 5000 pixels. These are to be exported at that size despite the 'image' taking up less of the area. 
By this I mean the image is (for example) 2000px by 1500px but needs to be on a transparent background 5000px by 5000px. I can do this using FILE - EXPORT and selecting png format but as I have 130 layers and want each layer as a png in its own right I would need to repeat the export 130 having only one layer visible each time.

I have tried the export persona but  although it exports all 130 layers as an individual png the size default to the image bounding box size of 2000 by 1500. I can't find a way to export the doc. size unless I manually set every single slice size & position.

Is what I want possible?

If I have understood your requirements properly, I think this was asked about in the forums a while back – can’t remember what they wanted to do it for – and if memory serves me well (it often doesn’t), the consensus was that it wasn’t possible.

Can you give a bit more information about how you have arrived at this situation?
(There may be another way to do what you want but we would need more information about the circumstances.)

1 hour ago, Dangerous said:

have tried the export persona but  although it exports all 130 layers as an individual png the size default to the image bounding box size of 2000 by 1500. I can't find a way to export the doc. size unless I manually set every single slice size & position.

Is what I want possible?

AFAIK nope! - You can't do such slice setups of/for exporting whole layer sizes, but each one then only containing one the individual 130 images here in the Export Persona. - Instead you would probably have to go the hard & time consuming tour of always hide (toggle on/off the visibility) of all the other 129 layers before performing a PNG file export. - Since as you already recognized, the Export Persona only supports to export the single slized image bounding box based size here and not the whole doc size together with an individual selected slice image.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

It's a pain. After writing umpteen tatty macros I gave up and used Python. Export your file as a psd and use Layers2png.py, read the file for some hints and note what to modify
Good luck

Layers2png.py

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Thanks for the replies. This is not an approach I would take, it is to simplify a task for someone at present is struggling to learn Affinity and usually make a mess resizing objects. I keep telling them you can't change a rectangular image to a square image & keep all the scene and have it look right but they keep trying. I know they would have stretched these to fit and said 'but it now looks awful', one day they will stop trying to run faster than Usain Bolt and learn to walk first.

Yes I ended up doing the unhide, export, hide & repeat 129 times, lol. Wasn't as bad as I had expected. Don't think I'll be doing it again as I don't need it and they will just have to learn Affinity from 'the bottom up'.