You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request: FX for the Appearance Panel

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:20 AM, Larry Rooney said:

I do not understand what you would expect from FX in this panel, Affit?

LR

Maybe something similar to this can be done Larry:

And like that there must be many other examples of what could be achieved with FX in the appearance panel.

You could apply Fx to the fill and the outline separately not like now that if you apply FX to the object the effect is applied to both the fill and the border.

Imagination would be the limit.

Of course it is a pity that the appearance panel does not work with editable text as seen in the video that I share.

That's another thing I'd like to see implemented in the AD appearance panel.

4 hours ago, Affitoom said:

Of course it is a pity that the appearance panel does not work with editable text as seen in the video that I share.

The panel itself technically does, though curiously when working with artistic text you need to select the text (text selection/highlight) before changing things, but sadly you can only have the standard one fill and one stroke with text - you can't add additional ones, which defeats the purpose of using the panel, and is a rather sad limitation.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:34 AM, fde101 said:

The panel itself technically does, though curiously when working with artistic text you need to select the text (text selection/highlight) before changing things, but sadly you can only have the standard one fill and one stroke with text - you can't add additional ones, which defeats the purpose of using the panel, and is a rather sad limitation.

Yes

Also for just one stroke on type, it seems you can't reorder the stroke in the appearance panel to be behind the fill. At least not when I tried. It drags and looks like it will work but pops back to the top.

It does work as expected on shapes though.

EDIT: it seems you need to click on the appropriate stacking "order" icon in the stroke panel which then updates it in the appearance panel.

Serif can we get a fix on this that allows you to drag the order in the appearance panel and it updates it in the stroke panel? Pretty please? 🙂