You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

installing glitch effects

How specifically are you trying to install each of them; & where in the app are you looking for them after that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

How specifically are you trying to install each of them; & where in the app are you looking for them after that?

I know part of the package are the image files, so that is no problem. It's the Glitches brushes I can't seem to find. When I open the app, I see this in the add-ons and no checkmark next to Glitch Effects, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't get it to show that this pack is installed.

IMG_4938.jpg

3 minutes ago, Seagirlrun said:

When I open the app, I see this in the add-ons and no checkmark next to Glitch Effects, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

What happens if you click on the Affinity icon in a circle on the right of the entry for the Glitch Effects? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

If you hover your mouse over the icon, it will have instructions for you, and you can click on the icon.

image.png.edde840db9d5f0df89aaacaf9b2de827.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

1 minute ago, Seagirlrun said:

It takes me to the store to see my downloads and product keys.

So do you see a download button for it there or what?

You really need to tell us in more detail what you see & what you are trying to do to get this installed.

Affinity Photo 

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

So do you see a download button for it there or what?

You really need to tell us in more detail what you see & what you are trying to do to get this installed.

I have already downloaded all the files, and installed them and I received the installed notification, but I don't find the brushes, only the image files for the background glitches. and it never gives me the checkmark in my add-ons. I

2 minutes ago, Seagirlrun said:

I have already downloaded all the files, and installed them and I received the installed notification, but I don't find the brushes, only the image files for the background glitches. and it never gives me the checkmark in my add-ons. I

apparently, the only brush add-ons showing in designer 2 are the Frankentoon. I guess I need some phone help.

I figured it out. I didn't have the pixel persona open. I am new to using the program. Going to more tutorials now! Thanks!

one last thing...I have installed it 9 times. lol. you'd think the program would be smarter and not let me do that. So, now i need to delete all the extras. I figure out that, at least. :) Thanks

If you have multiple copies installed, you can delete the extra ones for from, e.g., the Brushes panel.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you have multiple copies installed, you can delete the extra ones for from, e.g., the Brushes panel.

Thanks, I have figured that out, at least.  But now that I know they're installed, this doesn't explain why they show as not installed in my add-ons. There is no checkmark, only the affinity logo to take me to the store. So, I guess I won't be getting any auto-updates for this category as long as it continues to show a 'not installed' status.

They are not showing as installed via Account because they must be manually installed by you. Account tracks only installs that are done through Account, not through your browser.

-- Walt
PC: