You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't re-edit embedded file in Designer. Is it a bug?

I was asked to solve an issue for someone which was cased by an embedded image witch consisted of a small image on a large background. This had been added to a document (AD) as an embedded image. The person wanted all the empty area deleted as much of it was off canvas. I double clicked to edit in another tab, select the group of layers and made an artboard from the selection. Closing the tab back to the main doc, repositioned the smaller edit to the correct position. I was asked to change a couple of things so double click again, switch to the embedded image tab and I could not edit or even select the layer. Turning them off didn't work either, they remained visible. Is this a bug or the way it supposed to work?

Video shows the process I took. Seams like it only happens if I add an artboard!

2 hours ago, Dangerous said:

I was asked to change a couple of things so double click again, switch to the embedded image tab and I could not edit or even select the layer. Turning them off didn't work either, they remained visible. Is this a bug or the way it supposed to work?

I would say this is a bug. Doesn't allow me to re-edit the Embedded file after I have added an Artboard. However, I can do all sorts of stuff with a Linked file, which means the original is going to be changed so that doesn't help.

Plus here I get a very long Hang and have to force quit after working on the Embedded with an added during editing artboard.

Mac OS 11.7

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi All,

I'm struggling to recreate this here for some reason and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Please could you provide simple steps that can be followed to recreate this issue?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

5 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi All,

I'm struggling to recreate this here for some reason and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Please could you provide simple steps that can be followed to recreate this issue?

Thanks
C

It is show in the video attached to my first post. Did you watch it?

@Callum,

Red Car.zipThe trick is to have the artboard added via the Context toolbar button. Add it as Document. Close the Embedded window and save the Designer file, double click on the Picture to edit in a new window and you cannot do any editing in that.

Red Car.zip

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.