You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

retaining patterns from pshop to affinity

Im in process of trying to move away from photoshop and into affinity designer and have just run into a snafu. My file, containing several layers, also contains an FX pattern overly. Its getting dropped out when I open the file. Be nice not only to keep my color gradients and other FX but also to keep the patterns that are applied.

Join the club, I've asked for this too, but I am afraid, these "little" improvements, although super important to you and me will be left for way on down the line before we see this added. They just have bigger fish to fry. Sucks. The only thing I can say to this is that the gradient tool does have a bitmap pattern option that you may can somehow make your projects work with it.

• Staff

Hi dizeyner, evtonic3,

Currently we only import patterns (as a clipped pixel layer) from Photoshop if they were applied as a Fill rather than through a Layer FX.

The PSD format is proprietary and poorly document. It's not easy (actually impossible) to support all its functionality however we try to improve the PSD importer as much as possible.

Only Ben (one of the developers) can give you an idea if there's a chance to get this working but as evtonic3 said there's currently other features taking priority for v1.5.