You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Desperate for Help.

I don't know what happened but I'm getting error messages that both of the attached files are corrupted. Just normally saving. I've attached error message that comes up with both.

If these can't be recovered I've lost hours of work (most recent backup was 3 hours ago. Is there any way to Recover these files?

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook M1 Pro Late 2021

Ventura 13.4

Publisher 2.1.0

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 12.10.39 PM.png

ARBGalaProgram_2023.afpub Premiere3Program_2023.afpub

I only had time to look at the first file. When trying to open it, I got a missing resources warning. I ignored that because I don't have access to them but after that the file opened OK for me. I saved it as ARBGalaProgram, less missing resorces.afpub

Maybe that will help you?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

27 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I only had time to look at the first file. When trying to open it, I got a missing resources warning. I ignored that because I don't have access to them but after that the file opened OK for me. I saved it as ARBGalaProgram, less missing resorces.afpub

I'll try renaming and see what that does. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Unfortunately, a name change didn't work. Publisher is still seeing it as a corrupt file and closes it.

40 minutes ago, dannyg9 said:

Unfortunately, a name change didn't work. Publisher is still seeing it as a corrupt file and closes it.

I.m not sure what you mwan by name change. The file I uploaded is more than just a name change. It was resaved without the missing resources that (I assume) were referenced in your original. So can you open the file I uploaded or not?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

44 minutes ago, dannyg9 said:

Unfortunately, a name change didn't work.

If a linked resource is causing the issue it might help to rename your related resource folder(s) temporarily to be able to open the document at least. Then it possibly works to delete the resources from the layout that were recently added in the 3 hours before the issue.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

26 minutes ago, thomaso said:

If a linked resource is causing the issue it might help to rename your related resource folder(s) temporarily to be able to open the document at least. Then it possibly works to delete the resources from the layout that were recently added in the 3 hours before the issue.

The problem is there are multiple folders that could be the culprit (About 20 folders). I like the idea but I would have to figure out exactly what folders the sourced materials came from.

53 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I.m not sure what you mwan by name change. The file I uploaded is more than just a name change. It was resaved without the missing resources that (I assume) were referenced in your original. So can you open the file I uploaded or not?

Sorry. So crazed with scrambling I missed the file to download. It actually worked! Thanks so much. It seems the original had to be removed from the pathway environment it was created in and resaved as you did in order for it to not have the same error when I opened it on my computer.

1 minute ago, dannyg9 said:

Sorry. So crazed with scrambling I missed the file to download. It actually worked! Thanks so much. It seems the original had to be removed from the pathway environment it was created in and resaved as you did in order for it to not have the same error when I opened it on my computer.

Using the file I uploaded, you should be able to go to the Resource Manager & at least see where the paths to the resource files should be. Many of them seem to be in subfolders of a Documents folder named FREELANCE. This may help you relink many of them.

Affinity Photo 

52 minutes ago, dannyg9 said:

The problem is there are multiple folders that could be the culprit (About 20 folders). I like the idea but I would have to figure out exactly what folders the sourced materials came from.

How about the main parent folder or disk name? You just need to prevent the resource path saved within your .afpub from working and thus prevent APub from accessing the resources.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

23 minutes ago, thomaso said:

How about the main parent folder or disk name? You just need to prevent the resource path saved within your .afpub from working and thus prevent APub from accessing the resources.

Since he now has the file I uploaded, he doesn't need to rename anything, but of course this is a good technique to remember if something like that happens in the future.

Affinity Photo