You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo version 2.04 - Assets gone!

Have been using 2.04 since its release and no problems.  This afternoon, it launched but would not show any assets at all. Currently using Win10 current updates.  Since I had already downloaded (but not installed) version 2.1, I decided to install it to see if that would correct the problem.  It did not.  Assets are still missing in version 2.1.  Under accounts, it shows all the Assets and overlays that I had previously purchased but will not download/install them, shows error message that some could not be installed.  Well, I uninstalled 2.1 and reinstalled 2.04 but I still have no assets and it will not download/install them.  Can anyone help. Naturally I was working on a project.  The last update to version 1 is installed and it shows all of my assets but this project was created in Version 2.04.

• Staff

Unfortunately it appears there is a bug with this update that is corrupting asset panel files. Please could you open the app with the CTRL key held down and when the reset menu appears ensure reset assets is ticked then hit reset this should make the panel work again but unfortunately any custom assets will be lost however you should be able to export your ones from V1 and import them into V2.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Unfortunately it appears there is a bug with this update that is corrupting asset panel files

Clarification, please: I think that by "this update" you mean 2.0.4, not 2.1.0?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
33 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Clarification, please: I think that by "this update" you mean 2.0.4, not 2.1.0?

We have noticed increased reports of this since releasing 2.1.0 however its something we are still looking into.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum 

Previous to your suggestion to 'reset assets', I could not even import any assets.  After the reset (version 2.04) the program is allowing me to import assets. Since I had quite a few this will take quite some time but I can deal with that, no problem, I have only added a couple so I am hoping I can add all of them back.  Do you recommend that I add them in and then update to 2.1 or update first. I must tell you that since Affinity's inception, this is the first problem I have experienced. Thanks for your help.

4 minutes ago, BobMoyer said:

Do you recommend that I add them in and then update to 2.1 or update first.

Whichever you do, if you have to recreate any of them (rather than just Importing a .afassets file), it would be good to Export a .afassets file to use as a backup.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

12 minutes ago, BobMoyer said:

@Callum

@walt.farrell

Forum hint, in case you intended those as tags that would notify the user: You need to type the @ and then start typing the username and then select the name from the dropdown list you get of matching names. It will end up highlighted, like this: @BobMoyer. And if the user's notification preferences are set to be notified when they're mentioned, they'll get a notification.

-- Walt
PC:

You're not the first, I'm sure. I've probably done it myself at least once :D

-- Walt
PC: