You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unwanted boxes around images exporting from Affinity Publisher

Hi,

I use Affinity Publisher v2 for Windows and I've noticed sometimes that when I export my files (as a for print PDF) there are borders around a few images that I have used, and also around where I have edited images. In this file, for example, where I have used the marquee tool to remove parts of the image, the cut line remains in the export. Can someone help me figure out how to remove these unwanted lines? I'm referring to page 3 of my affinity file specifically, and I will also attach a PDF version so you can see how it exports.

Thanks in advance for your help,

James

TIMELINE.afpub timeline pdg.pdf

I am not seeing any borders around any of the images on the PDF. Unless you mean the one here on The Point.

196194307_ScreenShot2023-05-15at8_31_58AM.png.69e07a4ceacebf70ffdeb3f0eb08c9f6.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I am using Apple's Preview to view the PDF.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

@layjm14The only time I see the lines in the PDF is if I view the PDF you uploaded. If I export your file to PDF, I'm not seeing the same lines, see the attached screenshot of your file open in Publisher and the PDF in Acrobat Reader. When exporting are you changing any of the default preset settings?

If you open the attached PDF file, do you still see the lines?

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 13.07.54.png

TIMELINE export.pdf