You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Applying macro in Develop persona

Hello,

I want to batch process a group of images in develop persona. Adjusting WB. Luminosity and contrast.
I don't see anyway of applying a macro.

Can you make a macro in Develop Persona ?

Thank you,

Alain

iMac mid-2017
3,6 Ghz / 32G

1 hour ago, Albo said:

Can you make a macro in Develop Persona ?

No and yet sort of yes.

In version 2 we can have the Develop setting to give us a Linked or Embedded raw file instead of a Pixel layer. After we hit the develop button we can (in the Photo Persona) choose that layer and reenter the Develop Persona by hitting the Develop Image button in the Context Toolbar. We need to have the Move tool chosen and the Linked or Embedded layer selected.

1514036003_ScreenShot2023-05-03at6_51_47AM.png.a326c6d525e3e5d45a0f33e3d9a5d77f.png

So, the "sort of yes" answer is we record a Macro in the Photo Persona where we hit the Develop Image Button and then make the WB, Luminosity, and Contrast in the Develop Persona then develop the raw file (again) and stop recording the Macro. Now export the Macro to the library and we can use that to Batch Process raw files.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to try this as workaround for a current bug regarding batch processing raw files.

I tried it but I always get this message:
51305995_Screenshot2023-06-02123515.png.18900519da41ca43319b159ed5c56e6a.png

I do have the move tool chosen. What do you mean by "linked or embedded layer"? There is only one layer and that is the one I have chosen.

Thankful for help.

@Dumpfbacke

You can find step by step instructions here

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.