You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I attempted to open previous image carrizo_plain0008.afphoto but it failed to open. I tried this twice.

I tried opening another image carrizo_plain0001.afphoto with success. I then tried to close carrizo_plain0001.afphoto using FILE->CLOSE but got the following error message:

"Quitting

At least  one file is being opened please  wait for  the files to load before quitting the application"

I tried saving the file with a temp name (carrizo_plain0001_temp with success. Then tried to close the same  file again but saw  the same  error message.

I then  tried to open another file (carrizo_plain0002.afphoto) but that failed to open.

I tried dopening another file(carrizo_plain0003.afphoto) and that was successful. I then made some edits to that image and was able to save it  successfully. I tried to close that file and got the same  error message.

I tried to use CLOSE ALL but got the same error message

I tried to exit the application but nothing happened.

I used task manager to terminate the application and that worked. I then restarted affinity  photo and attempted  to repeat the above sequence but everything worked as expected. I have not been able to repeat the problem so apparently it was a one-time loading failure.

System is Dell Alienware M15, Win 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.1635, Intel i7 9thgen, 16GB memory NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

you need to post in the Beta section as this is for production.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• Staff

Hi @MT_AZ

I've moved your issue into the Beta bugs section. 
When you say it failed to open, is there any error message or does the files get stuck on 'Loading Document'?
Where are you saving your files to?

Could you provide a copy of the files your having issues with. I can provide a private upload link if needed.