You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi @MickRose.

What are you dashed line settings, i.e., stroke pt size, dash length and gap... I'm not immediately seeing the same issue but that could just be down to different settings.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

23 minutes ago, MickRose said:

I've got it now - see file below. I was playing aroud with the Balanced Lines file (was that your file?).

You've actually just reminded me that I did see the exact same issue when I was testing 'my' file (I'd just forgotten about it) and yes, I see it again now. Expanding the stroke is creating three sharp nodes and one smooth node for each line end curve which as far as I can tell only seems to happen when expanding 1 pt strokes...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

The fault is happening here with all strokes from 0.1pt to 1.4pt. That is for a 2 1 0 0 0 0 stroke pattern. If you change the stroke pattern to 3 1 0 0 0 0 the problem happens from 0.1pt to 0.8pt. This is a 72DPI document. If you change the Document Settings/DPI to 300 the problem only happens up to 0.3pt. This must be a rounding error of some kind.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM