You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add the Include bleed checkmark to the Document Setup panel

I always wondered why in the Document Setup panel in the Bleed tab it is not possible to select Include bleed, as it is possible in the Margins - Include margins tab.
Please mount this item to the Bleed tab in Affinity programs.
I don't know if this occurs on Mac, but Windows lacks this checkmark.
Many times during normal operation I wanted to remove bleed for a short time (I'm not talking about turning off visibility just setting it to 0) and at the moment it's only possible by setting the value to 0.
However, if there was this Incluide bleed marker, so only for a moment the value would be reset to zero.
Then if I wanted to set bleed again, I would have to remember what value was previously set.
And yes, if I had the option to select, I would only click on the Include bleed badge and I would have what I wanted.
Thank you.

image.png.7c3c3ee9b957f112733c1b15688a4fae.png 

include bleed.png

On 4/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, GRAFKOM said:

I always wondered why in the Document Setup panel in the Bleed tab it is not possible to select Include bleed, as it is possible in the Margins - Include margins tab.
Please mount this item to the Bleed tab in Affinity programs.
I don't know if this occurs on Mac, but Windows lacks this checkmark.
Many times during normal operation I wanted to remove bleed for a short time (I'm not talking about turning off visibility just setting it to 0) and at the moment it's only possible by setting the value to 0.
However, if there was this Incluide bleed marker, so only for a moment the value would be reset to zero.
Then if I wanted to set bleed again, I would have to remember what value was previously set.
And yes, if I had the option to select, I would only click on the Include bleed badge and I would have what I wanted.

There is no Include Bleed option on Mac either. I don't know if Include Margins works differently on Windows, but if it works the same as on macOS and a potential Include Bleed worked the same way, it wouldn't do what you want. Here is how Include Margins works on macOS:

• Choose Document Setup. Deselect Include Margins and click OK.
  • Choose Document Setup. Select Include Margins - they will all be 0, they won't be restored to their original value because all Include Margins does is set to them to 0.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)