You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes panel in Pixel persona freezes (AFD)

Here is an issue I can repeat in beta 2.1.0.1730.

1. With a file open, switch from the Designer Persona to the Pixel Persona.
  2.  If the Colour tab is active, click on the Brushes tab.
  3. The will be a delay of around 10 seconds while the program freezes. Then you will be able to use the brushes.

If the brushes tab was selected in a previous session, when you switch from the Designer persona to the Pixel persona the canvas will go dark and the program will freeze for about 10 seconds.

FWIW, the brush set selected was Frankentoon - Neptune Inks.

Windows 11, Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621.
i7-7820HQ. 16B RAM. Intel HD Graphics 630 NVIDIA Quadro M1200.

• Staff

Hey Aongus Collins,

I've been unable to reproduce this in build 1730 - do you have a bunch of your own brushes saved or any that you may have installed from the Store?

We had an issue where a large number of brushes could cause an issue but I closed this issue as fixed in 1730 so I hope I haven't missed something. 

• Staff

I suspect this might be happening when you switch to the Pixel Persona and land on a category with a number of shared brushes. If you switch to the Basic category and repeat, can you reproduce it?

I have actually noticed a slight delay when I do it however I'm talking about a second. Certainly not 10 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I updated to beta 1742 and can no longer reproduce this issue, so long as hardware acceleration is deactivated in Settings. 

Hardware acceleration has always been problematic on this particular system (Dell Precision 5520 with Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia Quadro M1200), so any remaining issue is probably due to my machine.