Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Suite V2 on Linux [ Wine ]


Wanesty

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, anto said:

Or in your Account at the Affinity Store, if a V2 license is already purchased.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

    Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, My1 said:

yeah looks like this. only an MSIX for windows

No. You need to scroll down, or dismiss that Cookie dialog so you can see more of the screen. Or look in your Affinity Store account, as I mentioned.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

    Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the account site looks basically the same, that there's more below really wasnt obvious, I mean who expects more options for windows especially after having been taught that af2 comes as msix. I never thought they'd make exe installers.

 

altho calling it msi and being an exe is weird lol I mean an exe and an MSI are really different things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, My1 said:

altho calling it msi and being an exe is weird lol I mean an exe and an MSI are really different things

 

i believe they are using the MSI style installer but packaged in a exe, from my understanding MSI is only an "Setup" API.

however :

1 hour ago, My1 said:

I mean who expects more options for windows especially after having been taught that af2 comes as msix

fair

up to date guide for the Affinity Suite on Linux :  codeberg.org/affinity-wine-docs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On this command:

Quote

/home/USER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/configure --prefix=/home/YOUR-USER-FOLDER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/wine-install --enable-win64  [Click and drag to move]

..I get this:

Quote

configure: error: in `/home/deck/ElementalWarrior-wine':
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check


I am using Arch linux, preinstalled with SteamDeck. I tried to install gcc but still no luck. Any ideas? What version of cpp is it working on? My is "12.2.0"

Edited by Muq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Muq said:

On this command:

..I get this:


I am using Arch linux, preinstalled with SteamDeck. I tried to install gcc but still no luck. Any ideas? What version of cpp is it working on? My is "12.2.0"

if you didn't already, get those dependencies, (the pacman one)

i found some similar issues online, mostly before 2010 so it seems fixed on all major distro but since SteamOS is rather custom, this kind of stuff can happen..

maybe try :

CXXCPP=/usr/bin/cpp /home/USER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/configure --prefix=/home/USER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/wine-install --enable-win64

 

up to date guide for the Affinity Suite on Linux :  codeberg.org/affinity-wine-docs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wanesty said:

maybe try :

CXXCPP=/usr/bin/cpp /home/USER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/configure --prefix=/home/USER/Documents/ElementalWarrior-wine/wine-install --enable-win64

 

Yes I've tried that.

Here is my config.log if that would make things easier. I also tried to compile stable version of wine and also 7.20 (cause this one is the latest avaiable for pacman) and got same error.

It seems I am missing some kernel headers or something.

config.log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, well, ive solved it :)
I installed distrobox, compiled on Ubuntu, then made 'make install' on my arch, and now my Affinity Photo is running! So smooth. This is so cool!

Having a computer I can play on everythere and be able to switch anytime to desktop mode and work is even more than a dream come true.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2023 at 3:31 PM, Muq said:

Ok, well, ive solved it :)
I installed distrobox, compiled on Ubuntu, then made 'make install' on my arch, and now my Affinity Photo is running! So smooth. This is so cool!

Having a computer I can play on everythere and be able to switch anytime to desktop mode and work is even more than a dream come true.

Thank you!

ugh i wrote "pacman -Sy" instead of "-Syu" i don't know it you tried that but it might have been caused by a inundated dependency of gcc. (you probably did a pacman -Syu but i really don't see what else causing it..)

Glad you worked it out anyway !!

up to date guide for the Affinity Suite on Linux :  codeberg.org/affinity-wine-docs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2023 at 2:24 AM, the_rhino said:

Does anyone else run into an issue when you export a file it locks up the program?  I noticed that it will fully export properly, just the program locks up and eventually terminates.

YES ! happened to my while exporting raster files however it seems to be only graphical, the file export well but yes save your .af project first.
 

haven't posted it before but the way to shutdown wine completely is with :

wineserver -k

but since it's calling /bin/wine directly you'd want to do :

rum ElementalWarrior-8.3 /home/liz/.WineAffinity wineserver -k

change the path to your wineprefix
(-k does mean kill)

up to date guide for the Affinity Suite on Linux :  codeberg.org/affinity-wine-docs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is weirdly giving me the following Error, when I am trying to install the .msi.exe . I am pretty sure I followed along the tutorial to the letter, if anyone could tell me what is going on, that would be greatly appreciated.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: icon
  at System.Windows.Interop.Imaging.CreateBitmapSourceFromHIcon (System.IntPtr icon, System.Windows.Int32Rect sourceRect, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSizeOptions sizeOptions) [0x00011] in <9343570ac0be4dbfbf88fa99e199fb25>:0 
  at SetupUI.Util.GetShieldIcon () [0x00044] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.MainWindow..ctor () [0x000cc] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.App.OnStartup (System.Windows.StartupEventArgs e) [0x00286] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0 (System.Object unused) [0x00014] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl () [0x00099] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext (System.Object state) [0x00008] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper (System.Object obj) [0x0001d] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run (MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00047] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke () [0x00016] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue () [0x00114] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x00061] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x0003a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation (System.Object o) [0x00042] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.TimeSpan timeout, System.Delegate method, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000fc] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.Delegate method, System.Object arg) [0x00011] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam) [0x00154] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at (wrapper native-to-managed) MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(intptr,int,intptr,intptr)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG&)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage (System.Windows.Interop.MSG& msg) [0x0001a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x0004c] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x00077] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run () [0x00006] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher (System.Object ignore) [0x00023] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal (System.Windows.Window window) [0x0010d] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run (System.Windows.Window window) [0x00008] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run () [0x00009] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
0024:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 226EFE98

 

Edited by sadlyOnLinux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2023 at 3:56 PM, sadlyOnLinux said:

It is weirdly giving me the following Error, when I am trying to install the .msi.exe . I am pretty sure I followed along the tutorial to the letter, if anyone could tell me what is going on, that would be greatly appreciated

look like a Winmd or dotnet error.. maybe try to install (any) affinity 1.10.3 or a previous release, no similar error could indicate it being a winmd error
can't really think about anything else rn..

up to date guide for the Affinity Suite on Linux :  codeberg.org/affinity-wine-docs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sadlyOnLinux said:

It is weirdly giving me the following Error, when I am trying to install the .msi.exe . I am pretty sure I followed along the tutorial to the letter, if anyone could tell me what is going on, that would be greatly appreciated.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: icon
  at System.Windows.Interop.Imaging.CreateBitmapSourceFromHIcon (System.IntPtr icon, System.Windows.Int32Rect sourceRect, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSizeOptions sizeOptions) [0x00011] in <9343570ac0be4dbfbf88fa99e199fb25>:0 
  at SetupUI.Util.GetShieldIcon () [0x00044] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.MainWindow..ctor () [0x000cc] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.App.OnStartup (System.Windows.StartupEventArgs e) [0x00286] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0 (System.Object unused) [0x00014] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl () [0x00099] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext (System.Object state) [0x00008] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper (System.Object obj) [0x0001d] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run (MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00047] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke () [0x00016] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue () [0x00114] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x00061] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x0003a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation (System.Object o) [0x00042] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.TimeSpan timeout, System.Delegate method, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000fc] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.Delegate method, System.Object arg) [0x00011] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam) [0x00154] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at (wrapper native-to-managed) MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(intptr,int,intptr,intptr)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG&)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage (System.Windows.Interop.MSG& msg) [0x0001a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x0004c] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x00077] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run () [0x00006] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher (System.Object ignore) [0x00023] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal (System.Windows.Window window) [0x0010d] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run (System.Windows.Window window) [0x00008] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run () [0x00009] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
0024:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 226EFE98

 

This is a fix in one of the changes in my branch iirc

https://gitlab.winehq.org/ElementalWarrior/wine/-/commit/54f611c1224c15c06d81d1b7dc229febed43139b

Are you sure you're using this branch when running the installer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ Wanesty ...so, some news from me.

I've got a new Matebook x pro (2022) and did everything the same way i did before with my matebook x pro 2021 on which it would'nt start. As told before I followed your guide step by step.

AND NOW IT'S WORKING! :)

So happy, man! So once again: Thank you so much for your work and efforts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for this, I've been searching for a Photosop/Illustrator altnerative for a while now and this seems to be an option, so I'll definitely be buying the Suite! (I tried installing the 30 day trial and it's working like a charm)

One small thing I've noticed is that reordering the layout still seems to cause issues, can anyone else confirm this?

If I drag a panel away from its place it gets popped out into another window, but I'm unable to put it back somewhere. I got it to pop back in once, but this seems to be a part that's still behaving a bit strangely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ElementalWarrior said:

This is a fix in one of the changes in my branch iirc

https://gitlab.winehq.org/ElementalWarrior/wine/-/commit/54f611c1224c15c06d81d1b7dc229febed43139b

Are you sure you're using this branch when running the installer?

As far as I can tell, I am. I see the fix in the branch, in the git I cloned too. Line 1011 in dlls/shell32/iconcache.c does have that change.
This is the entire error log:
 

rum ElementalWarrior-8.3 "/home/my-username/.WineAffinity" wine "/home/my-username/Downloads/affinity-designer-msi-2.0.4.exe"
Rumming /opt/wines/ElementalWarrior-8.3 (wine-8.6) in: /home/my-username/.WineAffinity
002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (126).
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
010c:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer authentication not supported
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer specific locale not supported
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
010c:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
010c:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c04e 00000001
010c:fixme:dwmapi:DwmAttachMilContent (00010070) stub
0120:fixme:gdi:GdiEntry13 stub
0120:fixme:dwrite:dwritefactory_CreateMonitorRenderingParams (00000001): monitor setting ignored
0120:fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion output 0069F990, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
010c:fixme:shell:SHGetStockIconInfo (77, 0x101, 0055E730) semi-stub
010c:fixme:shell:SHGetStockIconInfo flags 0x101 not implemented
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: icon
  at System.Windows.Interop.Imaging.CreateBitmapSourceFromHIcon (System.IntPtr icon, System.Windows.Int32Rect sourceRect, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSizeOptions sizeOptions) [0x00011] in <9343570ac0be4dbfbf88fa99e199fb25>:0 
  at SetupUI.Util.GetShieldIcon () [0x00044] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.MainWindow..ctor () [0x000cc] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.App.OnStartup (System.Windows.StartupEventArgs e) [0x00286] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0 (System.Object unused) [0x00014] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl () [0x00099] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext (System.Object state) [0x00008] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper (System.Object obj) [0x0001d] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run (MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00047] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke () [0x00016] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue () [0x00114] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x00061] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x0003a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation (System.Object o) [0x00042] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.TimeSpan timeout, System.Delegate method, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000fc] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.Delegate method, System.Object arg) [0x00011] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam) [0x00154] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at (wrapper native-to-managed) MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(intptr,int,intptr,intptr)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG&)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage (System.Windows.Interop.MSG& msg) [0x0001a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x0004c] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x00077] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run () [0x00006] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher (System.Object ignore) [0x00023] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal (System.Windows.Window window) [0x0010d] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run (System.Windows.Window window) [0x00008] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run () [0x00009] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 

I might try the wine87 branch later today, if I have time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, pedroterrero said:

Hello @ElementalWarrior, first of all you deserve a Nobel prize for this, man.

I just have one question, what is the best distro to run your script and the program as flawlessly as possible? Thank you!

Affinity team, take note! He put it on a silver platter.

 

 

 

Probably any rolling release distro. So arch, Manjaro, fedora, etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sadlyOnLinux said:

As far as I can tell, I am. I see the fix in the branch, in the git I cloned too. Line 1011 in dlls/shell32/iconcache.c does have that change.
This is the entire error log:
 

rum ElementalWarrior-8.3 "/home/my-username/.WineAffinity" wine "/home/my-username/Downloads/affinity-designer-msi-2.0.4.exe"
Rumming /opt/wines/ElementalWarrior-8.3 (wine-8.6) in: /home/my-username/.WineAffinity
002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (126).
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
010c:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
010c:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0055DA88, 00696C58, 0055DA8C, 0055DA80
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer authentication not supported
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer specific locale not supported
011c:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
010c:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
010c:fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c04e 00000001
010c:fixme:dwmapi:DwmAttachMilContent (00010070) stub
0120:fixme:gdi:GdiEntry13 stub
0120:fixme:dwrite:dwritefactory_CreateMonitorRenderingParams (00000001): monitor setting ignored
0120:fixme:d3d:wined3d_check_device_format_conversion output 0069F990, device_type WINED3D_DEVICE_TYPE_HAL, src_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM, dst_format WINED3DFMT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM stub!
010c:fixme:shell:SHGetStockIconInfo (77, 0x101, 0055E730) semi-stub
010c:fixme:shell:SHGetStockIconInfo flags 0x101 not implemented
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: icon
  at System.Windows.Interop.Imaging.CreateBitmapSourceFromHIcon (System.IntPtr icon, System.Windows.Int32Rect sourceRect, System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSizeOptions sizeOptions) [0x00011] in <9343570ac0be4dbfbf88fa99e199fb25>:0 
  at SetupUI.Util.GetShieldIcon () [0x00044] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.MainWindow..ctor () [0x000cc] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at SetupUI.App.OnStartup (System.Windows.StartupEventArgs e) [0x00286] in <0e1af9b3b4d14750b0bcca529f0ba3af>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0 (System.Object unused) [0x00014] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl () [0x00099] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext (System.Object state) [0x00008] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper (System.Object obj) [0x0001d] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in <e70d6e9587d64cb3abb4b3f99bbf5a0d>:0 
  at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run (MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00047] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke () [0x00016] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue () [0x00114] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x00061] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, System.Boolean& handled) [0x0003a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation (System.Object o) [0x00042] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000c6] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen (System.Object source, System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00004] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke (System.Delegate callback, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs, System.Delegate catchHandler) [0x00001] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.TimeSpan timeout, System.Delegate method, System.Object args, System.Int32 numArgs) [0x000fc] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.Delegate method, System.Object arg) [0x00011] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc (System.IntPtr hwnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam) [0x00154] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at (wrapper native-to-managed) MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(intptr,int,intptr,intptr)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG&)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage (System.Windows.Interop.MSG& msg) [0x0001a] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x0004c] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame (System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame frame) [0x00077] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run () [0x00006] in <0c2ea07c5159415f97fb3ecb6b4aafeb>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher (System.Object ignore) [0x00023] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal (System.Windows.Window window) [0x0010d] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run (System.Windows.Window window) [0x00008] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 
  at System.Windows.Application.Run () [0x00009] in <f8fc562f7d244f8692d61d7bd2917f68>:0 

I might try the wine87 branch later today, if I have time.

Try running with the environment variable WINE_DEBUG=+shell

It'll tell you what the returned values of the icon function is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.