You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

painting on to pixel layer problem; help requested

As far as I am aware it should be possible to use a brush to paint on an added pixel layer over an original image in Photo. But it is not doing so or, if it is the result is invisible even though recorded in the history a paint brush. I work in Win10 64 bit mode and the images have been developed from RAW to whatever mode Photo uses following development. The brush used is a Basic.

Does anybody know why this might be happening? I have tried additionally rasterising the layer but it makes no difference. This is a new experience to me in AP 2 (latest update)

On the Context Toolbar, to the far-right, make sure Protect Alpha is not checked. Also check other properties such as the Opacity and Flow are set to values greater than 0.

If that does not work, then could you post a screenshot of your full desktop view, which includes the Brush and it's context toolbar, and Layer stack, or attach a copy of your afphoto file.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Number one (and it might sound obvious!) make sure you are using the Paint Brush (not something else, like the Replace Colour Brush).

Check the settings for the brush you are using, opacity not set to zero etc'

Check that there is no selection activated anywhere.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 4 weeks later...