You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi have tested Publisher for regular work, and overall the app seems a little bit unstable compared to the retail version and is crashing a lot in the Print dialog where i usually do a lot of N-up work. I've collected a log which i think it will help you.

Edit: There was a recipe to make it crash everytime, at least for me.

New document with some pages. Picture frame in the master, Add pdf pages to the document, then go to print, put some N-up (2 per sheet in my case) Add cut marks then use the pdf Dialog box to save the output and voilá, crash but at least it seems to export the file.

I've used the exact same steps with the exact same pdf file in the retail version and everything is Ok.

Affinity Publisher 2 Beta-2023-02-17-111017.ips

4 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Hi @dcarvalho84,

I'm struggling to reproduce this following your steps.

Are you able to attach the file you are printing (to pdf) and some screenshots of the exact print settings you are using to see if that helps?

Hi @Jon P The file i can't attach because it's a client file but i will try to make a video, but later today or tomorrow. Speak to you soon.

• Staff

The issue "Crash printing to PDF with N up on Mac" (REF: AFB-7372) has been fixed by the developers in internal build 2.1.0.1713 
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon