You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Books function not working again

nomi02118

1 hour ago, nomi02118 said:

I had set up a book with a table of contents using the "books" function with a previous version of V2. It won't open anymore and I get the message "file type not supported" even though it was working well until now. This feature keeps on being buggy for me! 

There are a lot of Books improvements in the 2.1 beta released today so you might want to give that a try.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

That is really good to know!  I am using the books fro some fairly complicated and important work that isn't in any rush so I might wait. My curiosity might get the better of me though. Especially if 2.1 takes a while to get released. I have been trying to convince a magazine I work for to switch to Publisher but that can't happen until the books feature is reliable. 

8 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Its probably a problem with an embedded document. 2.1 beta has some improvements in this area. You can try that or upload the document here and we'll investigate

I just went through all 12 documents I put in the book and there are no embedded documents. Because I had issues before I linked everything. Not sure what to upload. The 12 documents with the externally linked files and the .afbook file? It was working perfectly until the latest update. I will seriously consider the beta version, I don't have  much time to deal with it over the next couple of weeks but it would good to know if the problem will be solved next update.

4 minutes ago, Pauls said:

put the 12 documents and the book file up - if its a linked file issue it will open for me.

Here are the publisher files and afbook file. The graphics are in a separate zip file. One is a larger afphoto file if you need them, the rest are designer files and small. Thanks so much for looking into this.

172229751_Graphics02.zip afbook_issue.zip

On 2/16/2023 at 6:50 AM, Pauls said:

does the app appear to lock up at any point whilst you've been working on the book.

Today it locked up when I changed a linked graphic and I had to force quit. I did try the new beta and couldn’t make that happen again and also noticed it was much faster to load and work in. Thanks for you help and I will put any problems that come in the beta forum.