You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Key board short cut not working

Key board short cut for Paragraph Leading is Option + Up Arrow etc.

In Publisher V1 does not work - none of the 4 options for Para leading.

In Designer V1 it does.

Have tried entering a different short cut but nothing works to change leading by using keys.

All other k/board short cuts work as expected but not, for Publisher V1, adjust Leading.

Doing it via Character Panel works as expected - only just discovered this short cut and does not work.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Steve

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 10.04.56.png

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 10.05.48.png

I think the problem is that you have chosen the OS or standard Move insertion point to start / end of a paragraph for the increase decrease shortcuts. We should see some sort of warning. This is for both version 1 and 2 of the Affinity applications. The default Command + Home and Command + End keys work here on my extended keyboard. Not much help if you don't have the extended keyboard though.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Steve "Ed",

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that for both Affinity Publisher V1 & V2 the default shortcuts of ALT + Arrow Up or ALT + Arrow Down are working as expected for me to increase/decrease the paragraph leading, as shown in the below recording:

On 2/7/2023 at 2:24 PM, Steve "Ed" said:

Currently it works some of the time but I do not what to look for that might tell me why.

Does this occur in only certain documents, or seemingly any? Perhaps after you apply a certain font?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thank you for the reply/video.
Tried different fonts no change.

Tried using the TEXT drop down menu for paragraph spacing and nothing - Leading

BUT TEXT MENU/spacing AND short cut of opt+arrow (small keyboard no separate number pad) does work every time.

Highly confused  - tried different short cut commands and still noting for paragraph spacing.

Thanks for the help to date,

Steve

• Staff

No problem at all, I'm sorry to hear this Steve - I can confirm that I have a USB Apple keyboard I'm using, which is the extended version with a numpad present.

2 hours ago, Steve "Ed" said:

Tried using the TEXT drop down menu for paragraph spacing and nothing - Leading

Could you please provide a screen recording showing this for me please?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance! 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!