You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select Object / Select Same with Select Hidden Objects select hidden objects

Hi, when I Select Object or Select Same with Select Hidden Objects deselected, hidden objects will be selected.
It's no matter if object is on hidden layer or in hidden group. Only if object is hidden itself, it will be excluded from selection.

Another problem is, when chose  object (e.g. curve) and Select Same e.g. Fill Colour, when objects are in group and:
- group is visible, only group will be selected;
- group is hidden, objects is group will be selected (without group itself).

image.thumb.png.c7fb8dc4c36f2a62cf0ae7e401e72179.png

image.png.746fefdcbaafa76e2402953de2f588d9.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, James Mcilwraith said:

I've found that if you select same colour or stroke it selects across all artboards in a document  even if you lock and hide them. I can't find any way to restrict the selection to just the current artboard.

From the help file...

Edit All Layers and Select Same/Select Object

The behaviour of the Select Same and Select Object commands depends on the Edit All Layers setting on the Layers panel:

• When the setting is enabled, the Select Same/Select Object commands will match objects across all artboards.
  • When the setting is disabled, the Select Same/Select Object commands will match only objects on the current artboard.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.