You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good PC spec for Affinity Photo Astrophotography Processing

Hello

My most demanding use for Affinity Photo is astrophotography processing.  With v2 my ageing Mac laptop can just about manage to process very large stacked files using James Ritson's tutorials, but my ageing PC just cannot manage it.  I am trying to spec out a PC that will last me for another 8 years (like my current one has) but struggling to find much information.  Photoshop apparently favours very fast single threading (ie fewer but faster cores).  Don't know if Affinity is the same. I know that Affinity can use hardware GPU acceleration but what is a suitable card for this?  And does it do a lot of writing to disk (which would suggest an nvme SSD) or is processing done in memory? 

I'm currently looking at an Intel Core i7 12600K or AMD Ryzen 5 and nvme SSD for OS and storage.  I'm sure these are more than enough but are coming in over £1800 and I would like to get it closer to £1500.  Does anyone have real world experience of what I need that will keep me going for some years please?

Thank You!

Don't forget RAM. Suggest at least 32Gb. Photo does write to disk if you don't have enough RAM and that is very slow. 

Its pretty common to have a 500Gb SSD for the C drive. I added another 1 Tb SSD for my images and use the 1Tb HDD  that came with the computer for less intensive things.

I still use the basic GPU that came with my machine. (NVidea GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER). It works just well enough that I can't justify the expense of upgrading. Didn't know enough when I got the machine to get something better.

A lot of the gaming computers are OK for us and can be well priced. Good luck with it.

Foreword:

Maybe wait till Serif offers a new version of V2. A lot of users in the forum post about V2 being slow, sluggy, not even starting, not working or crashing with and without hardware acceleration. Maybe you are also affected by this on your old PC. Maybe once Serif has analyzed those reports they can give a description what is causing those issues (maybe os, hardware, or V2 itself). With that information it might be more easy to decide whether at a new PC is needed.

For reference: here are Serif's official system requirements for Photo:

• Windows-based PC (64 bit) with mouse or equivalent input device (Windows 20H1, build 19041 or later)
  • Hardware GPU acceleration (Direct3D level 12.0-capable card)
  • DirectX 10-compatible graphics cards and above
  • 8GB RAM recommended
  • 1GB of available hard drive space; more during installation
  • 1280x768 display size or larger

I suggest to not follow those but wait till they update those to more realistic values.

Beside of that, all what RichardMH wrote.

Example configuration:

something like the below or similar:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF ~ £ 420
  • Mainboard: MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4 ~ £ 220
  • RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Ram: ~ £ 120
  • Storage: M.2 ssd 2 TB: ~ £ 200
  • GPU: RTX 3060 12 GB: ~ £ 390
  • PSU min. 700 watt: ~ £ 100

~ £ 1450 (I have taken middle prices from idealo not the cheepest ones)

CPU fan: ~ £ 50
(a high end model like the Noctua NH-D15 would be ~ £ 100)

plus case, case fans etc.

Notes:

CPU:
The i7-13700KF is extremely fast, has 18 cores and offers max. 24 threads. I use it in my new build and can say it is a lot faster in daily operation than the AMD Threadripper 3960x I used before. For Affinity it might be overkill. If you don't need the build in GPU you can go with the i7-13700K (not ...KF) which comes without gpu and is a bit cheeper. Alternatively an Intel i7-13600K or KF is a bit slower, has a few less cores but is cheeper.

Mainboard:
It is a DDR4 not DDR5 board and has one Lan port 2.5 GB speed. If you need two Lan ports or 10GB speed, expect higher board prices (as I wanted a 10GB connection to my NAS, I simply bought a 10 GB Lan card for 87 € and put it in a free PCI slot - this was way cheeper than to go for a board that comes with 10 GB build in).
DDR4 ram is expected to depricate in the next years. So, if you go with DDR4 (Ryzen 5 is also DDR4) buy the needed ram timely to not get hit by limited supply in the future. Alternatively go with Ryzen 7000 series or buy an intel board with DDR5 support (e.g. MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR5). But board and ram will be more expensive.

If want to go for Intel and you assamble the PC yourself, read about "LGA-1700 bending issue" before you do so.

Regarding the Intel LGA-1700 socket: Rumors say, the 13th gen of Intel CPUs is the last one to use the LGA-1700. It is expected that the next gen of Intel CPUs will require a new mainboard with a new socket.

AMD: Same situation with AMD. Ryzen 5000 series uses socket AM4. The new Ryzen 7000 series uses socket AM5. So, if you buy a ryzen 5000 CPU now you can't just replace the CPU with a Ryzen 7000 in the future. You need to replace the mainboard as well.

If you prefer to have a simple upgrade path (just replace CPU) it might be better to go with Ryzen 7000 and not Intel 13000 or AMD 5000. Ryzen 7000 uses AM5 socket and AMD wrote they will support AM5 at least until 2025 with new CPUs. Dissadvantage is, that Ryzen 7000 needs the more expensive DDR5 ram and the AM5 mainboards are also more expensive than the older DDR4 boards with socket AM4.

RAM:
see mainboard

Storage:
If you want to use it for many years you might want to read about experience with long term use before buying something. I personally have good experience with Samsung and Crucial SSDs and M.2s but that was just luck maybe.

GPU:
The RTX 3060 12 GB is considered the sweet spot of processing speed, vram and price theese days. Alternatively there is the RTX 3060 Ti. It is faster but has less vram and costs more. For use in Affinity the speed does not make a relevant difference in my experience (I tested an RTX 2070 notebook GPU with the V2 trial and it was ok speed wise - in V1 the GPU acceleration did not work at all). In case of a decision I suggest always go for more vram instead of more speed.

PSU:
Don't go for the cheepest models. The most simple models tend to fail more early than higher end products and they could struggle with power demand peeks form the PC (CPU and GPU can request way higher watteges from the PSU than their official TDP values suggest - those peaks are only lasting a few milliseconds but very simple PSUs might cause a PC shutdown or blue screen because of it - it is rare, but it happens). Some vendors offer extended warranty for their higher end models. E.g. I got a 10 years warranty for a Corsair AX1600i PSU.

11 hours ago, andyrawlins said:

I am trying to spec out a PC that will last me for another 8 years (like my current one has) ...

The rule of thumb here is always the same, namely "the more power, the better"! - So CPU wise >= what you've already choosen, >= 64 GB RAM, SSD >= 1 TB, GPU wise what you can afford here, well before the house lights go out. - The latter could also be good for heating up the house in winter times.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

For most 2D/3D freelancers I know, we would be super fine with a 7700X, 13600K, 7900X. I kind of dislike going for a 13700K due to the electricity prices in Europe, currently. More the case with a 13900K, which also requires a more serious cooling (most of the times liquid cooling, needing maintenance, etc, which I don't love). It also gets really high temperatures. In that regard, AMD has gone the bad route too, with its new 7000s. A 5950X is currently the king of efficiency. At least in 3D (but I would bet is efficient for most other  tasks, as  it has very low consumption numbers for something with so many cores; but in absolute terms, extremely far from a recent generation Ryzen 5600X (it's just 60W...!), get that to really save on energy) , if you plan to be 3D rendering too, an AM4 mother board with the right VRM stuff -as not every am4 board will handle well a 5950X- might still be cheaper than a mid-high range modern AM5 board, and you get the best frames rendered/watt ratio with the 5950X of all the two brands' current, new skus. 

But you don't need at all that many cores for Affinity (the more the merrier tends to be true, I guess... but I  mean from a practical scenario of what we end up really needing), and even less in the case of Photoshop. Indeed, a 7600X or a 5600X are not significantly worse in Photoshop than their next model with more cores in their respective generations. So, those two (with a large performance difference between the two) are amazing purchases for Photoshop. But PS (which favors high IPC, high clock in single core) has old code in it, Affinity appears to have more advantage with more cores, from what I have read. I think, again for mid range freelancing, which is what most people tend to aim to (at best), statistically speaking, I think the 8 cores of the 7700X are enough, and the mix of p-cores and e-cores (of way lower performance, these, but very effective in applications) that makes a mid range (in cost) intel CPU like the intel i5 13600K to compete in price with 8 cores CPUs of its competitor, yet having 14 (16 threads versus 20 threads, although it's not a good way to compare it; benchmark results are). Of course, is not apples to apples, but looking at the performance, is on par in many matters, or very close, to a 7700X. [ Edit: Indeed, according to Cinebench (multi core) R23, R20 and R15, as well as in other multi core tests, like Blender 3.1, and several others the 13600k is significantly faster, while in single core are equal (margin of error, depending on the reviewer). That in theory should show up in Affinity ].  To mention also that I read recently that they were going to release soon (maybe already on sell, I don't know) the "non X" version of these new Ryzen 7000s. And well... Personally I kind of could end up preferring a 7700 over a 7600X, even if the single core might (or might not), IPC and etc, be higher in the 7600X. It's all about seeing "how much" that difference ends up being, and at least how those do perform in apps that can use effectively many cores, as it is the case of Affinity.

But I don't know about the needs in processing of specific scientific apps that you might need to use apart from Affinity. Those I believe often rely more in the GPU processing (again, nVidia quite stronger for AI based apps, etc). Others need the CPU, as in many cases not all can be calculated in GPUs. In RAM I'd never go lower than 32GB. In graphic work, clearly go for 32 or 64. Like if the doubt is DDR5 with half the memory (I mean, I would opt for a good  but cheap 32GB DDR4 kit over a 16GB DDR5). Never going below a cheap kit of 2x16GB (32GB) 3200Mhz, CL 16. And in cards... I'm super happy with the nvidia RTX 3060 12GB. Plenty of VRAM for even quite complex Blender 3D scenes with large worlds and large textures (if rendering with GPU, no such limit with CPU-only), and it has the best ratio of price/apps compatibility/apps performance. Of course, going higher than that is better, but the 3060 has a relatively low energy consumption, and the price really goes up starting specially after a 3070, and for 2D applications you would be mostly wasting money in a power you would not use, past a 3060/3070, in my opinion. The new generation (4000s) consume a lot more, even the planned 4060s, from what I know, but of course, their capability is another level. I hope to be able to at least "taste" one day a 4090 ti, working in anything 3D or that requires GPU acceleration in 2D. :D  An absolute overkill for 2D painting, of course :D . Indeed, looking at benchmarks, going past a 3060 with Photoshop (brushes and other functions are now GPU accelerated  there, too) follows the law of diminishing returns, for that good old app.

In Affinity I have noticed a very big improvement in brush painting fluidity (with some configuration in preferences, not as it comes by default, my brushes now work with zero lag) going from a 1650 to a 3060 (also noticed it very snappy in the laptop's 3060). This could also be the devs' optimization, as I am talking about the 2.0.3 but also the updated 1.10.6, which is also a recent update. So, who knows.

PD: About power consumption, tho is a non issue for non EU people (in the first world...) , you can undervolt the CPU in BIOS (if you know how to work safely with the BIOS! be sure to read/watch tuts about undervolting, too), and the results are particularly good in AMD CPUs, in my experience. They get really colder, pull way less watts from the wall (I measured with a similar device to a kill-a-watt, even, not trusting fully the reviews) without losing much performance.

PD 2: As you are looking for a specific budget and the 12600k is around the price you are after... then maybe for something to last more, yet not going too far from that budget, stay on a 13600k or a 7700X ( Edit: Note, about the price reduction of 7900,7700,7600, finally seems that after the recent reduction of  the "X" models, the difference is only 20$. for that it's worth to get the X ones. $429, $329 and $229 respectively (the non-X), but these are MSRP prices, once they hit the shelves that typically gets more expensive. Launch is the next 10th January, in a few days. More interestingly, its launch might affect other (intel and AMD) CPUs getting lower prices, specially after these holidays). But really, with a budget like that probably you should go after an intel 13600k + DDR4 memroy solution (at least 32GB) + a not too premium intel board supporting the 13600k. And of course, at least one SSD to  install Windows and the Affinity applications, and one HDD (or another SDD if you don't mind to replace it if it bricks once hitting the TBW limit) for the work files. To work fast, ideally two SDDs, and a good combination without getting too expensive is a 500GB one for the OS & Affinity + a 1tb SDD for work files, other apps, caching, etc.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 12/31/2022 at 6:40 AM, cgidesign said:

Foreword:

Maybe wait till Serif offers a new version of V2. A lot of users in the forum post about V2 being slow, sluggy, not even starting, not working or crashing with and without hardware acceleration. Maybe you are also affected by this on your old PC. Maybe once Serif has analyzed those reports they can give a description what is causing those issues (maybe os, hardware, or V2 itself). With that information it might be more easy to decide whether at a new PC is needed.

For reference: here are Serif's official system requirements for Photo:

• Windows-based PC (64 bit) with mouse or equivalent input device (Windows 20H1, build 19041 or later)
  • Hardware GPU acceleration (Direct3D level 12.0-capable card)
  • DirectX 10-compatible graphics cards and above
  • 8GB RAM recommended
  • 1GB of available hard drive space; more during installation
  • 1280x768 display size or larger

I suggest to not follow those but wait till they update those to more realistic values.

Beside of that, all what RichardMH wrote.

Example configuration:

something like the below or similar:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF ~ £ 420
  • Mainboard: MSI Pro Z690-A WiFi DDR4 ~ £ 220
  • RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Ram: ~ £ 120
  • Storage: M.2 ssd 2 TB: ~ £ 200
  • GPU: RTX 3060 12 GB: ~ £ 390
  • PSU min. 700 watt: ~ £ 100

~ £ 1450 (I have taken middle prices from idealo not the cheepest ones)

CPU fan: ~ £ 50
(a high end model like the Noctua NH-D15 would be ~ £ 100)

plus case, case fans etc.

Notes:

CPU:
The i7-13700KF is extremely fast, has 18 cores and offers max. 24 threads. I use it in my new build and can say it is a lot faster in daily operation than the AMD Threadripper 3960x I used before. For Affinity it might be overkill. If you don't need the build in GPU you can go with the i7-13700K (not ...KF) which comes without gpu and is a bit cheeper. Alternatively an Intel i7-13600K or KF is a bit slower, has a few less cores but is cheeper.

Mainboard:
It is a DDR4 not DDR5 board and has one Lan port 2.5 GB speed. If you need two Lan ports or 10GB speed, expect higher board prices (as I wanted a 10GB connection to my NAS, I simply bought a 10 GB Lan card for 87 € and put it in a free PCI slot - this was way cheeper than to go for a board that comes with 10 GB build in).
DDR4 ram is expected to depricate in the next years. So, if you go with DDR4 (Ryzen 5 is also DDR4) buy the needed ram timely to not get hit by limited supply in the future. Alternatively go with Ryzen 7000 series or buy an intel board with DDR5 support (e.g. MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR5). But board and ram will be more expensive.

If want to go for Intel and you assamble the PC yourself, read about "LGA-1700 bending issue" before you do so.

Regarding the Intel LGA-1700 socket: Rumors say, the 13th gen of Intel CPUs is the last one to use the LGA-1700. It is expected that the next gen of Intel CPUs will require a new mainboard with a new socket.

AMD: Same situation with AMD. Ryzen 5000 series uses socket AM4. The new Ryzen 7000 series uses socket AM5. So, if you buy a ryzen 5000 CPU now you can't just replace the CPU with a Ryzen 7000 in the future. You need to replace the mainboard as well.

If you prefer to have a simple upgrade path (just replace CPU) it might be better to go with Ryzen 7000 and not Intel 13000 or AMD 5000. Ryzen 7000 uses AM5 socket and AMD wrote they will support AM5 at least until 2025 with new CPUs. Dissadvantage is, that Ryzen 7000 needs the more expensive DDR5 ram and the AM5 mainboards are also more expensive than the older DDR4 boards with socket AM4.

RAM:
see mainboard

Storage:
If you want to use it for many years you might want to read about experience with long term use before buying something. I personally have good experience with Samsung and Crucial SSDs and M.2s but that was just luck maybe.

GPU:
The RTX 3060 12 GB is considered the sweet spot of processing speed, vram and price theese days. Alternatively there is the RTX 3060 Ti. It is faster but has less vram and costs more. For use in Affinity the speed does not make a relevant difference in my experience (I tested an RTX 2070 notebook GPU with the V2 trial and it was ok speed wise - in V1 the GPU acceleration did not work at all). In case of a decision I suggest always go for more vram instead of more speed.

PSU:
Don't go for the cheepest models. The most simple models tend to fail more early than higher end products and they could struggle with power demand peeks form the PC (CPU and GPU can request way higher watteges from the PSU than their official TDP values suggest - those peaks are only lasting a few milliseconds but very simple PSUs might cause a PC shutdown or blue screen because of it - it is rare, but it happens). Some vendors offer extended warranty for their higher end models. E.g. I got a 10 years warranty for a Corsair AX1600i PSU.

Thanks so much for this mega post. Loads of useful stuff there and looks like I was on the right lines :)

On 1/1/2023 at 4:21 AM, SrPx said:

For most 2D/3D freelancers I know, we would be super fine with a 7700X, 13600K, 7900X. I kind of dislike going for a 13700K due to the electricity prices in Europe, currently. More the case with a 13900K, which also requires a more serious cooling (most of the times liquid cooling, needing maintenance, etc, which I don't love). It also gets really high temperatures. In that regard, AMD has gone the bad route too, with its new 7000s. A 5950X is currently the king of efficiency. At least in 3D (but I would bet is efficient for most other  tasks, as  it has very low consumption numbers for something with so many cores; but in absolute terms, extremely far from a recent generation Ryzen 5600X (it's just 60W...!), get that to really save on energy) , if you plan to be 3D rendering too, an AM4 mother board with the right VRM stuff -as not every am4 board will handle well a 5950X- might still be cheaper than a mid-high range modern AM5 board, and you get the best frames rendered/watt ratio with the 5950X of all the two brands' current, new skus. 

But you don't need at all that many cores for Affinity (the more the merrier tends to be true, I guess... but I  mean from a practical scenario of what we end up really needing), and even less in the case of Photoshop. Indeed, a 7600X or a 5600X are not significantly worse in Photoshop than their next model with more cores in their respective generations. So, those two (with a large performance difference between the two) are amazing purchases for Photoshop. But PS (which favors high IPC, high clock in single core) has old code in it, Affinity appears to have more advantage with more cores, from what I have read. I think, again for mid range freelancing, which is what most people tend to aim to (at best), statistically speaking, I think the 8 cores of the 7700X are enough, and the mix of p-cores and e-cores (of way lower performance, these, but very effective in applications) that makes a mid range (in cost) intel CPU like the intel i5 13600K to compete in price with 8 cores CPUs of its competitor, yet having 14 (16 threads versus 20 threads, although it's not a good way to compare it; benchmark results are). Of course, is not apples to apples, but looking at the performance, is on par in many matters, or very close, to a 7700X. [ Edit: Indeed, according to Cinebench (multi core) R23, R20 and R15, as well as in other multi core tests, like Blender 3.1, and several others the 13600k is significantly faster, while in single core are equal (margin of error, depending on the reviewer). That in theory should show up in Affinity ].  To mention also that I read recently that they were going to release soon (maybe already on sell, I don't know) the "non X" version of these new Ryzen 7000s. And well... Personally I kind of could end up preferring a 7700 over a 7600X, even if the single core might (or might not), IPC and etc, be higher in the 7600X. It's all about seeing "how much" that difference ends up being, and at least how those do perform in apps that can use effectively many cores, as it is the case of Affinity.

But I don't know about the needs in processing of specific scientific apps that you might need to use apart from Affinity. Those I believe often rely more in the GPU processing (again, nVidia quite stronger for AI based apps, etc). Others need the CPU, as in many cases not all can be calculated in GPUs. In RAM I'd never go lower than 32GB. In graphic work, clearly go for 32 or 64. Like if the doubt is DDR5 with half the memory (I mean, I would opt for a good  but cheap 32GB DDR4 kit over a 16GB DDR5). Never going below a cheap kit of 2x16GB (32GB) 3200Mhz, CL 16. And in cards... I'm super happy with the nvidia RTX 3060 12GB. Plenty of VRAM for even quite complex Blender 3D scenes with large worlds and large textures (if rendering with GPU, no such limit with CPU-only), and it has the best ratio of price/apps compatibility/apps performance. Of course, going higher than that is better, but the 3060 has a relatively low energy consumption, and the price really goes up starting specially after a 3070, and for 2D applications you would be mostly wasting money in a power you would not use, past a 3060/3070, in my opinion. The new generation (4000s) consume a lot more, even the planned 4060s, from what I know, but of course, their capability is another level. I hope to be able to at least "taste" one day a 4090 ti, working in anything 3D or that requires GPU acceleration in 2D. :D  An absolute overkill for 2D painting, of course :D . Indeed, looking at benchmarks, going past a 3060 with Photoshop (brushes and other functions are now GPU accelerated  there, too) follows the law of diminishing returns, for that good old app.

In Affinity I have noticed a very big improvement in brush painting fluidity (with some configuration in preferences, not as it comes by default, my brushes now work with zero lag) going from a 1650 to a 3060 (also noticed it very snappy in the laptop's 3060). This could also be the devs' optimization, as I am talking about the 2.0.3 but also the updated 1.10.6, which is also a recent update. So, who knows.

PD: About power consumption, tho is a non issue for non EU people (in the first world...) , you can undervolt the CPU in BIOS (if you know how to work safely with the BIOS! be sure to read/watch tuts about undervolting, too), and the results are particularly good in AMD CPUs, in my experience. They get really colder, pull way less watts from the wall (I measured with a similar device to a kill-a-watt, even, not trusting fully the reviews) without losing much performance.

PD 2: As you are looking for a specific budget and the 12600k is around the price you are after... then maybe for something to last more, yet not going too far from that budget, stay on a 13600k or a 7700X ( Edit: Note, about the price reduction of 7900,7700,7600, finally seems that after the recent reduction of  the "X" models, the difference is only 20$. for that it's worth to get the X ones. $429, $329 and $229 respectively (the non-X), but these are MSRP prices, once they hit the shelves that typically gets more expensive. Launch is the next 10th January, in a few days. More interestingly, its launch might affect other (intel and AMD) CPUs getting lower prices, specially after these holidays). But really, with a budget like that probably you should go after an intel 13600k + DDR4 memroy solution (at least 32GB) + a not too premium intel board supporting the 13600k. And of course, at least one SSD to  install Windows and the Affinity applications, and one HDD (or another SDD if you don't mind to replace it if it bricks once hitting the TBW limit) for the work files. To work fast, ideally two SDDs, and a good combination without getting too expensive is a 500GB one for the OS & Affinity + a 1tb SDD for work files, other apps, caching, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to give such a comprehensive answer :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks All.  I've just ordered this which I think follows the advice pretty closely.  A bit more expensive than I would have liked but I expect it to last for 8 years so we'll see :)

COOLERMASTER SILENCIO S600 QUIET MID TOWER CASE
Intel® CoreTM i5 14-Core Processor i5-13600K (3.5GHz) 24MB Cache ASUS® PRIME B660-PLUS D4 (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready! 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (1 x 32GB)
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 - HDMI, DP, LHR
500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 3000MB/W)
2TB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 4125MB/sR, 3325MB/sW)
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
CORSAIR 550W CV SERIESTM CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
PCS FrostFlow 100 RGB V3 Series High Performance CPU Cooler STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Creative Sound Blaster® AudigyTM FX
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD

1 hour ago, RichardMH said:

Only thing you don't seem to have is backup.

The OP has three 3 internal drives, so he can easily use the "2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA..." for those purposes!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

9 hours ago, RichardMH said:

Only thing you don't seem to have is backup. I run a 4Tb external drive and back up my working directory at 1 am every morning. Use SyncBackFree.

Update SyncBackFree (2brightsparks.com)

I have a 4TB external drive for backups as well. I use Cobian backup. I also sync to my Mac using Syncron and use cloud services for frequently changing data so pretty well covered but good call out. I used to keep a full backup off site before I moved. I really need to reinstate that!