You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Document > Number of Pages doesn't accept change until focus change

This is likely macOS only. The Number of Pages field in New Document doesn't accept the value unless you explicitly change focus away from the field before clicking Create.

1. File > New
  2. Click the Pages tab
  3. Note the number in the Number of Pages field and then change it to something else - don't tab out of the field or press Return
  4. Click the Create button - Publisher will create a new document with the number of pages set to the prior value of the field

If you create another new document, the default value will be what you typed last time.

Thanks

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

If the text caret is still in the field then it is still waiting to receive the number of pages, the original number is remembered as the desired number of pages. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

If the text caret is still in the field then it is still waiting to receive the number of pages, the original number is remembered as the desired number of pages. 

Yes, that's what I meant by not changing focus. Sorry, this is programmer jargon. When a text field loses focus (the text caret is removed from it) a blur event is raised (triggered). When it gains focus (the text caret is inserted into it) a focus event is raised.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

@MikeTO, the same applies to all the available fields in the New Document Window, i.e., Layout fields, Page Width, Height and DPI, Margins and Bleed and it's a regression from V1.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

3 hours ago, Hangman said:

@MikeTO, the same applies to all the available fields in the New Document Window, i.e., Layout fields, Page Width, Height and DPI, Margins and Bleed and it's a regression from V1.

You're right, I didn't check the other fields. This is more serious then since a lot more people will be tripped up by it.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.