You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity v2 Apps Won't Launch in Windows 10

I have taken time to check to see if any other programs will not load or have any trouble.

The answer is no. This laptop has many programs installed.

Adobe Creative Cloud with all apps

Corel Graphic Suite

Davinci Resolve

Topaz Gigapixel

Serif Plus Suite

And many more.

All of these programs work perfectly.

Which makes me wonder. Is there anything that Affinity 2.0 needs to run that could be missing from my laptop.

If anyone have any ideas I would love the help.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:09 PM, spidermurph said:

I uninstalled .NET Framework and then reinstalled 4.8.1

This is really strange, that it worked only once.

Try the following:

- uninstall all Afinity apps

- reboot your PC

- create a new Windows Acoount (with administrative rights)

- install the Affinity Apps un der this new account.

Also it woud be interesting to see which Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are installed on you sysetm. Go to the Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features and scroll down to where it starts with "Microsoft Visual C++...." Post a screenshot of that section showing all entries.

Regards,
Otto

Affinity Suite v2.4 - Windows 11 Pro

17 hours ago, mopperle said:

Try the following:

- uninstall all Afinity apps

- reboot your PC

- create a new Windows Acoount (with administrative rights)

- install the Affinity Apps un der this new account.

I gave this a try and got the same results.

I also re-installed Windows in case something was missing or currupt. Still no luck.

Application: Publisher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
   at <Module>.Serif.Interop.Persona.ColourProfileManager.LoadProfiles(Serif.Interop.Persona.ColourProfileManager*)
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.Initialise()
   at Serif.Interop.Persona.Application.OnServicesInitialised(Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.IServiceProvider)
   at Serif.Affinity.Application+<OnServicesInitialised>d__100.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at Publisher.Application.Main(System.String[])

Is this the part you need?

When click on the "Add" button, you should be able to choose a monitor profile. BTW. what kind of hardware do you have? CPU (desktop/notebook) with an onboard graphic chip, or do you have a dedicated graphic card?

Regards,
Otto

Old stuff ;)

I suggest to go to NVIDIAs website and download the latest driver for your graphic chip. This should also install a monitor profile.

Regards,
Otto