You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The new context toolbar needs to go back to the drawing board.

So I bought AD v2 for ipad when it was released. Played with it. Never opened it and then opened it again to play with it again. Yall.............this context toolbar is not it. Its not. Im letting you know right now that it is not it. Again, Im letting you know right now that it is NOT IT. The placement and the design of it is not it. Its not.  Its just not. I dont want explain my self in full details right here in this forum post on why its not it because I want to wait for the beta forums to open up so I can go FULL critical design justification on this context toolbar but it really is not it. 

Shout out to the serif team for trying something new. Its always good to try new things but this isnt it. Again, I'll tell you why in MAX detail why this context toolbar isnt working when you start beta testing but we REALLY need to go back to the drawing board and figure this one out. Like, a UI change for v2 ipad HAS TO HAPPEN because of this context toolbar and you really have to listen this time around for this to work on improving the app. We gotta figure this out. 

15 hours ago, MoonaticDestiny said:

I dont want explain my self in full details right here in this forum post on why its not it because I want to wait for the beta forums to open up so I can go FULL critical design justification on this context toolbar

That ship has sailed, sir.  Beta activity takes place before public release.  V2 has had its public release.  There won't be a public beta for V2 at this point.

If you have feedback to give, by all means give it here, and let it be heard.

1 minute ago, sfriedberg said:

That ship has sailed, sir.  Beta activity takes place before public release.  V2 has had its public release.  There won't be a public beta for V2 at this point.

If you have feedback to give, by all means give it here, and let it be heard.

@Patrick Connor has already said a public beta will be out soon. Soon might've moved a bit since the change in having to offer an MSI installer among other things, but eventually I imagine.

On 11/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, MoonaticDestiny said:

I dont want explain my self in full details right here in this forum post on why its not it because I want to wait for the beta forums to open up so I can go FULL critical design justification on this context toolbar but it really is not it. 

I'm trying in vain to figure out the meaning of this post, where he doesn't want to say anything except "it is not it", or "it really is not it".
So why are you actually writing this? What is the benefit of this information?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.