You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feedback on successfully buying the Universal license from the Serif store.

I was originally holding off due to the ambiguity over family sharing, and then reported issues with Braintree.

I figured I'd give it a shot now, and using a Mastercard (Apple Card FWIW) in the US with no VPN on I wouldn't have known there were issues. I've used my license on two laptops (with different Apple IDs associated with them) in my household on my iPad Pro. I don't foresee needing any other activations, but it's nice having the option to use a windows machine or w/e.

Only having to register one application per device is a nice touch - I checked and all of them show as being registered.

Obviously many others have had worse experiences, and mine doesn't invalidate yours, but it's not a scam.

@Patrick ConnorTwo things that jump out at me that could be done a lot better:

1) I never received a confirmation email, and yes I've checked my spam/junk folder. While this isn't critical as I can check the purchase on their site and there's no actual license key, it's abnormal. Having a confirmation with a repeat of the instructions of how to register the license would be reassuring to people as well as give them something to look at when they don't RTFM.

2) On the actual orders page there's normally weighted text below the field with my email address that states: "After download you will need to activate your license using your Affinity ID and password." IMO this should be styled more like a subheading to get people's attention, positioned with some vertical space from the email field (or replacing it), and be remove ambiguity.

After download you will need to activate your license using your Affinity ID (the email account associated with this online store) and your existing password.

No separate password or license key is necessary. The license associated with this Affinity ID is registered to foobar@bbq.wtf

3) Nowhere near as critical as the above 2, but no Apple Pay option. :(