You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes Update resources with lot of linked files

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @sorinciupitu,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I'd like to request a copy of your .afpub file and the placed .afdesign file to further investigate this issue - can you please upload these to the below link for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/sNz77zotHNgfUjLnXwrg

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, as also described here: 

I have attached two test files, that show the problem (a linking parent-file (Publisher), an a linked child-file (Designer)).
(after having changed the "test-linked" file, Publisher cannot open the "test-linking"-file anymore)

test-linked.afdesign test-linking.afpub

Edited by dkasai

Works fine here on Mac OS 11.7

The two files are both in my Downloads folder. Where are the files on your system? This problem could be caused if you are using a Cloud service or Network to store the Designer file.

And finally make sure the General section of Preferences for Publisher has this checked "Automatically update linked resources when modified externally". Then when you save the file in Designer it will be updated in Publisher.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I also use the Downloads folder, and it still doesn't work for me with the two example files (Mac OS 12.4.).
But strangely, when keeping the parent file open, it works.

I'm not sure, under which conditions the error occurs.
I just tested updating a linked file (parent and child on iCloud, working on Desktop and IPad) - and now it worked again.