You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

I was experimenting with Photo v2 and had fun creating this crystal ball effect. The final image used two photos, one of Aspetuck Reservoir (in Connecticut, USA, taken with a DSLR) and a second one of my hand, which I took with my iPhone, stripped and added before generating the crystal ball effect. This distorted my fingers inside the crystal ball. I needed another un-distorted hand layer for that portion of the hand and wrist that were extending toward the viewer out of the frame. AP has some incredible functionality and tools. Hope you like it. 

Lou

Crystal Ball Aspetuck Reservoir with Hand.jpg

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.7, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish

Thanks, Mike...you're right and I agree. Since that was a composite with the hand added above the background image, I was trying to find a way to dim down the hand somewhat, so it wasn't so prominent. Lowering the opacity probably wasn't the best solution. Perhaps leaving opacity at 100% and adjusting brightness, saturation, etc, would have been better. I appreciate the feedback.

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.7, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish