You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting .png STILL does not remember area

Way back in V1, there was a bug, that PNG-export did not remember the area chosen (Whole document, Selection area, Selection only).
Neither when coming back to the dialog and neither in a preset!

I was told by a staff member, that this was indeed a bug and would be pushed to the top.

Now we are at V2 and this bug still exists, despite the all new dialog.

When will this finally be fixed?
It's a real pain, exporting a number of PNGs this way.

Reproduce:
Export a PNG with any given settings and use "Selection only". Make it a preset.

When you export your next image, all settings will be kept but the area.
This is possible true for the other apps as well, but I mostly use Designer.

2 minutes ago, ashf said:

No, this is not a bug and it's by design since V1.
But there has been multiple requests for it including mine.

Like I said, I was told before it would be fixed asap.
With everything else being saved, this can hardly be sold as "by design". What's the point of a preset then?
Let's hope, they care this time.

17 hours ago, LostInTranslation said:

I was told by a staff member, that this was indeed a bug and would be pushed to the top.

From what I can gather, Serif never confirmed it was a bug. It was considered a "feature request". When they post to a topic about a bug, they've never that I can find used the phrasing as "push to top". They always state they will bump it.

Try to be accurate if you're going to complain about what Serif has done or is going to do. Your posts appear to be embellishments, biased toward what you want Serif to do. When others find posts like this, it starts to snowball, as they believe what you've posted. While it's clear you want the PNG export to default to a specific setting, there's lots more that do not want that behavior.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD