You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export artwork to illustrator

Morning, Sorry adding to the question pile, but Ive made a full transition to Designer this year with ALL client virgin artwork created in Affinity. so need to nail a few working practices.

Im handing over an A5 flyer to a client who want the illustrator files, so I exported as PDF to preserve the copy. However when I open the PDF into illustrator and add 3mm bleeds, the imagery shifts within its frames when moved outside the permitters of the artboard. Is there a way around this?

post-865-0-80003400-1453451848_thumb.png

post-865-0-12826800-1453451858_thumb.png

I'm just using Designers default export for print but with bleed on, but no markings.

As a work around perhaps I could oversize the Affinity doc by 6mm on the X&Ys, then it would not carry bleed information with it? 

I'm sure its something very clever happening for printers to make use of, but would be great if I could just export and move on page without the images shifting.

I'm importing the Affinity PDF to an Illustrator file then adding the bleed to the illustrator file, then if you move the artwork to -3mm each way into the new bleed area images which are in boxes all move?

I cant post the file as its 140mb? This doesn't happen with simple shapes or text,  just when images are masked in shapes or items that I hung off the page in Affinity for bleed are (I guess) masked by Affinities bleed on export.