You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Intuos Tablet Pro mouse left click stops working on interface but can draw on canvas

Terry44

I have a Wacom Tablet. non-screen version.  When I am using my wacom tablet and then transfer to using my mouse I can't left click on anything in the interface except the canvas. Nothing works for left click with the mouse while my wacom tablet is on.  I have to restart the application for things to work again but soon the issue reoccurs.

Affinity Designer 2

Wacom Tablet Pro

Windows 10 Pro most recent update

2 Monitors

With my wacom tablet I have a express key set to "display toggle" by default.  This transfers the tablet corrdinates to another monitor. I am using multi-monitor setup.  Then you control whatever is in the toggled to monitor.  Click this express key and it toggles back to the original monitor and application in this case Affinity Designer.

When this issue occurs if I click this display toggle button and click on anything in the second monitor and then toggle back to affinity designer then everything works normally.  For a short period then I can't left click on ANYTHING except the canvas.   Press the display toggle button, click on something in the other monitor display and toggle back. This issue sometimes works within a short delay.  Otherwise, I have to toggle back and forth several times for this to work. I have so far been able to get left click to work again using this method.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Terry44,

On a very similar dual monitor setup on Windows 10 with a standard intuos tablet i've not been able to replicate an issue with this. I also setup my express keys to switch displays and this still enabled me to seamlessly switch between my tablet and mouse and change settings on the various panels.

Have you tried changing between the High/Low/Windows Ink tablet input methods in Photo 2 (Edit > Preferences > Tools) to see if any of these make a change, along with the windows ink setting found within the Wacom tablet mapping settings?

If this still doesn't make any change between settings, have you tried a complete re-install of your tablet drivers?

In-case this is tablet specific, I'll try and replicate this on an Intuos Pro when possible to monitor if there is any differences.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem a longer time ago, with v1 (maybe it's the same issue in v2). Indeed, as Nathan said, it got solved for me by setting "Windows Ink", both in the Affinity app preferences, AND in Wacom panel (outside Affinity apps, in Windows) also "Windows Ink", otherwise would not work. I have a dual monitor setting configuration (I just use an utility always in tray (loaded at windows start) that allows me going over the other monitor (so to not accidentally have my cursor there) by simply while pressing a key as I move the cursor to the border.) Yeah, switching to "Windows Ink" in both places solved it for me. Have not found the issue anymore. Sometimes by fiddling a lot with the brush settings window (double clicking on any brush in the list) I get lag while adjusting the curve nodes on those settings, but is very bearable, and if it freezes a bit it comes back in seconds (and it has become rare). Also, the brushes seem to behave (in painting) best in this setting with Affinity, in my experience.

Hope it helps.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.