You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, 

I am trying to use Affinity for a design with a specific color for branding purposes. However, the exact color code (7d9e2b) looks completely different in Affinity than it does in anything else (Photoshop, Pixelmator, etc) I try to eye drop the original color into Affinity Photo and that still doesn't look quite right. Don't think it's a color format issue either, both are in RGB.

I have attached a screenshot of what I'm dealing with. The smaller square is the color I need, The larger is what Affinity is giving me. Any thoughts on this? Might be a deal breaker for me if I can't get consistent color matching.

post-25965-0-98425900-1453329635_thumb.png

I believe DW was referring to Color Profile (or ICC Profile) not Color Format. Or did you mean ICC Generic RGB?

One file is Probably sRGB and the other is something else.

Edit: I notice that your attached image has the profile Color LCD. Which in AP is "Display".

Attached: I mixed Generic and sRGB.

post-12544-0-89999900-1453419481_thumb.png

Because understanding the intricacies of colour profiles, models, formats, etc. can be difficult, I have found it very useful to refer to Affinity's built-in help documentation on that topic. An easy way to do that is to use the search feature on the application's Help menu. In Affinity Photo, using "colour profile" as the search term shows these results:

post-3524-0-81474100-1453421752_thumb.png

The "About Color" (or "About Colour" if you are using British English) topic is a good place to start.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Ah, that was it. The Color Profile in AP has been set to SMPTE.. is that by default? I had been using Pixelmator as an in-between program before getting Affinity, and it doesn't seem to distinguish Color Profile and Color Format. I changed the ICC to sRGB and it was perfect. Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...