You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot relink images - nothing happens when relinking

Ecifircas

Hey,

I have set up a publisher file (in V1) which has a lot of linked images. I had to reorganise the image folder in the meanwhile, so I need to relink (now in V2) the files via Resource Manager. However, this does not seem to work. After selecting the correct folder, nothing happens. The resource managers simply maintains the old path.

The only way for me to correctly relink the files is to manually replace them one by one, which is a lot of useless work for dozens of images.

I am working on Publisher V2, M1 Mac, Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400).

Hope you can have a look at this,

All the best,

Edited by Ecifircas
Specifying my hardware and OS versions.

I've relinked my files a few of times already while testing issues for others and I'm not having any problems with an M1 and Ventura. All of my images are in a single folder and for me it's the same as v1 - the file dialog asks for a specific file, the first one used in the document, and I have to select that one file but that's it and it looks for all the others in that folder. It takes a while because my document has hundreds of images but it works fine for me so I'm unsure what's happening with your document.

I haven't tried it with images in multiple folders though.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

3 hours ago, Ecifircas said:

Hey,

I have set up a publisher file (in V1) which has a lot of linked images. I had to reorganise the image folder in the meanwhile, so I need to relink (now in V2) the files via Resource Manager. However, this does not seem to work. After selecting the correct folder, nothing happens. The resource managers simply maintains the old path.

The only way for me to correctly relink the files is to manually replace them one by one, which is a lot of useless work for dozens of images.

I am working on Publisher V2, M1 Mac, Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400).

Hope you can have a look at this,

All the best,

Are you working on internal disk or over an external disk?. I have had issues with linked images over external not updating, and checked that using the internal disk the issue disappears. It seems a known issue just now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:51 PM, Ecifircas said:

…After selecting the correct folder, nothing happens. The resource managers simply maintains the old path…

I've just had exactly the same problem after renaming a folder containing linked images and had to use Replace… to individually relink every image!

Has Affinity acknowledged this as a bug?

n.b. Publisher 2.04 (using Dropbox linked service) on Mac Studio, MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

UPDATE: I tried moving the project out of the Dropbox folder and into my home folder. The Relink function works properly so I suspect this is another bug related to Publisher's Dropbox integration. 

Edited by Grum
Updated after further testing