You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Universal V2: actually getting the iPad versions?

The QR code and link on the download page for the iPad versions takes one to an App Store Preview page which does not allow actual downloading of the iPad versions of the V2 Suite.

Has anyone actually, successfully purchased V2 from Affinity's site, then downloaded the iPad versions without being charged extra, and if so, what does that path actually look like?

I didn't have any issue and didn't get charged. Once I scanned the qr code Im taken to the App store and downloaded the app. At first launch your greeted to activate, try or purchase software. You just need to activate ( with user email and password of affinity a/c) if you  purchased on affinity website 

BEF8C789-2DAD-414F-8355-4CEA23E805D1.png

2E55D7E2-B047-43F8-9990-C243C9D18B01.png

Edited by Rajeeve
Attachment

Thank you, Rajeeve;

When I scan the QR code, or click the link on my iPad, I’m not taking to the actual app store, where I can download the iPad apps, but am taken instead to the page shown in the screen capture attached.  At least I got the Desktop apps…fits and starts..

V2Page.png.png

Have you tried simply opening the iPad App Store app, and downloading the applications?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

29 minutes ago, VectorCat said:

Went there, balked at the actual downloading because I saw no evidence that my V2 license had been acknowledged by the App Store. 

But it's a Free download. It doesn't matter if the license has been acknowledged, or not.

Where did you look, though? For example, open the App Store, click on your account icon (upper right), then click on Purchased.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1