You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Asset Menu will not load -crashes affinity?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Simon Childs

Is the app crashing when opening the assets panel or when loading a specific asset?

Could you also please provide a crash report 

I am currently Out of Office, please tag @Affinity Info Bot in your replies for another member of QA to see. 

How to format a bug report | List of V2 FAQ's | Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Simon Childs said:

The app is crashing when I try and open it 

When you try to open the app, itself? Not when you try to switch to the Assets panel?

Did you find any crash reports for when this happens, as @EmT requested?

For a possible workaround, if it's crashing when you start the app itself: Start the app with the Ctrl key pressed, and keep it pressed until you get the Clear User Data dialog. (You may need to click the application icon on the Windows Taskbar to get the dialog to show up.) Then Release Ctrl, leave the first 3 items checked, and click the Clear button.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt

I have just tried clearing Affinity and no joy the moment I click in Assets under window AF PHOTO V2 Shuts down?

I am not sure where to find the crash report?

Additionally, I still have a a ton of brushes in V1 IS There a way of getting them across to v2?  They were not brought across when I updated?

7 minutes ago, Simon Childs said:

I am not sure where to find the crash report?

EmT pointed you at instructions, above.

Next possible workaround: Stop all the Affinity 2 applications. Then start Designer 2 again while holding Ctrl, but this time also check the Reset Assets box before you click Clear.

First, though, please make a copy of the assets.propcol file in case Serif needs it for analysis of the problem. You'll find it in %USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user (just copy/paste that into the address bar in File Explorer, or press the Windows key and R and paste it into the box there and click run).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1