You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with buying the full version of Affinity Publisher for iPad Pro.

Hi,

I have the 30 day version of Affinity Publisher on my iPad. I want to buy the full version, but the App Store sends my bank the wrong authentication for the transaction. The bank has told me that there is a missing double authentication on this transaction.
Is there any other way I can buy licences for this software?
I bought Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer for my iPad one day earlier and the transactions went through flawlessly, instantaneously like many iPad apps I have bought. I would be grateful for any hints.

23 hours ago, AdamKrawacki said:

Hi,

I have the 30 day version of Affinity Publisher on my iPad. I want to buy the full version, but the App Store sends my bank the wrong authentication for the transaction. The bank has told me that there is a missing double authentication on this transaction.
Is there any other way I can buy licences for this software?
I bought Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer for my iPad one day earlier and the transactions went through flawlessly, instantaneously like many iPad apps I have bought. I would be grateful for any hints.

Problem solved. Phone to Apple support. Settings. Reset network settings. Adding a second payment card. And Affinity Publisher app for iPad purchased.
I have an email confirming the purchase from the App Store. But I don't see this licence in my Affinity account. Maybe it will appear in time 🤔

3 hours ago, AdamKrawacki said:

But I don't see this licence in my Affinity account. Maybe it will appear in time

It appears when you sign-in to your Affinity ID (Store account) when you run the application. That step is optional, but if you skip it the Affinity Store won't know anything about your purchase from Apple.

See if this FAQ helps:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

In my Affinity ID account I can only see purchases made on Thursday, namely Affinity Photo for iPad and Affinity Designer for iPad. These purchases were made without issue.
I do not see today's purchase in Affinity ID, yet I have already opened Affinity Publisher for iPad, having already made the purchase.
All I got from the App Store was email information (see photo). I am waiting for the receipt.

BCB8DF48-E0E3-43D4-AE56-62F907F3AE50.png

E50A6BAF-A1C7-4043-8EDE-4C642BC89887.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @AdamKrawacki,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the activation process. My apologies for the delayed response, we are extremely busy following our V2 launch, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

If you you can see the 'Deactivate this device' option in My Account, but with no option to Register, then please select this Deactivate option and restart the Affinity app.

Once reopened, this should automatically detect the previous purchase, activate the Affinity app & then offer the Register option within My Account.

If the previous purchase isn't automatically detected after restarting the Affinity app, please select the 'Restore Purchases' option.

Finally if this doesn't work please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

This should now allow you to access the software and offer the option to Register the purchase with your Affinity ID within My Account.

I hope this helps!