You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where are my iPad Files from v1?

Did you keep V1, or remove it?

If you removed it, then as far as I know:

1. Anything in the app's sandbox (home page) is gone.
  2. Anything in the app's folder in On My iPad is gone. You got new folders there with the new apps.

If you did not remove the V1 apps, then you can copy files from the old apps' folders in On My iPad to the new folders (or somewhere better). And you can Save the files in the old apps' home pages to folders so you can keep working on them in the new apps.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, Jmack said:

Do I have to export them somehow first.

If all your projects are only showing on the Affinity Home Screen then they only exist in the apps protected ‘sandbox’ area and are inaccessible to other apps. Any work flow going forward would benefit from Saving the files. This creates an .afxxx file that can be read by the new affinity apps. The added benefit is that these files reside outside of the apps sandbox (in the default folder set by preferences ) and can now be copied/moved easily.

If you haven’t Saved you can still do so (provided you haven’t deleted the app yet). Go to Home Screen and tap the hamburger (3line) menu and tap Save. This creates the file into the default Affinity folder.

Repeat as necessary. Then copy entire folder content to the V2 apps default folder. You may need to save once in new app to create the folder. 

And remember, deleting the app clears the sandbox and deletes the iPad default folder so move any files you wish to keep BEFORE deleting the app.

Edit: Exporting and Saving are different functions with different outcomes. You don’t need to Export, just Save.🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/